Covenant University is a leading world-class University with a quest for Academic Excellence and a strong industry-driven research base.
We seek to attract research active Academics in the Professorial and all other Lectureship positions, who are ready to carve out a niche for themselves in distinguished collaborative and ground-breaking research.
Prospective candidate should have passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academic and industry. In pursuit of this robust goal, the University is set to employ qualified candidates on regular, sabbatical and visiting appointments from all over the world.
College of Management and Social Sciences (CMSS)
B. Banking and Finance
C. Business Management (Business Administration, Marketing, Industrial Relations and HRM, Entrepreneurship)
D. Economics and Development Studies (Demography and Social Statistics, Economics)
E. Mass Communication
College of Engineering (CoE)
A. Chemical Engineering
B. Petroleum Engineering
C. Electrical & Information Engineering (Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information & Communication Technology)
D. Civil Engineering
E. Mechanical Engineering
College of Leadership Development Studies (CLDS)
A. Leadership Studies
B. Languages and General Studies (English and French)
D. Political Science & International Relations College of Science & Technology (CST)
B. Building Technology
F. Computer & Information Sciences (Computer Science, Management and Information Science)
In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for respective discipline as well as possess teaching abilities with adequate research experience.
1. Professor: Ph.D. degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design execution and monitoring, administrative leadership etc. minimum 10 years of post-qualification, full time relevant teaching and research experience.
Researches with Professors who meet prescribed internationally recognized contributions are moved to Research Scholar scale which offers internationally competitive remuneration to such grade of academics.
2. Associate Professor (Reader): Same as for Professor but with minimum 8 years post –qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience.
3. Senior Lecturer: Same as for Professor but with minimum 5 years of postqualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience.
4. Lecturer I: Ph.D. degree from a reputable university, with minimum 2 years of post -qualification teaching experience, and evidence of scholarly publications.
5. Lecturer II: Ph.D Degree from a reputable University. However, fresh Ph.D holders shall not be evaluated on the publication criterion.
For professional courses, candidates with the Master’s Degree and full corporate registration certificates from professional associations by an act of the National Assembly can apply.
6. Assistant Lecturer: A Master’s Degree in relevant disciplines with a CGPA or percentage score suitable for undertaking Ph.D programmes. Such candidates must satisfy their Departments and Colleges that they possess the skills for sustained academic careers
Remuneration and other Conditions of Service
Our total package is aimed at motivating faculty to being their best. The university is determined to offer all her employees, a globally-competitive, career-fulfilling package.
This package is offered on two platforms: salary and non-salary package as indicated below.
Covenant University Academic Salary Structure (CUASS)
Salary Structure Annual Pay (N)
1. Lecturer ll without Ph.D. CUASS 08
1,863,945 – 2,236,983
2. Lecturer II with Ph.D. CUASS 08A
2,023,820 – 2,396,855
3. Lecturer I without Ph.D. CUASS 10
2,350,394 – 3,032,931
4 Lecturer I with Ph.D. CUASS 10A
2,606,346 – 3,288,890
5. Senior Lecturer CUASS 12
3,621,844 – 4,777,836
6. Associate Professor CUASS 13
4,413,343 – 5,810,616
7. Professor CUASS 14
5,596,571 – 6,983,566
Teaching and Research active scholars will attract special package according to their various ratings.
Special package also awaits Faculty from the Diaspora.
Other perks and why you should consider working with us.
We are a pension compliant Institution and in addition to this, the University provides the following conditions of service;
An Encompassing and empowering (Physical, moral and spiritual) IT-driven environment with 24 hour electricity and water supply, 24 hours campus security and intelligence crew and Residential arrangement for both staff and faculty that allows for focus and concentration;
Maintenance of stable Academic calendar. Well-stocked Library with current publications (books, journals and multimedia centre); State of the art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities;
Conference Supports and Sponsorship for both international and local conferences: Research and Development Grants;
Support for continuous academic and professional development Openness to international collaborations with other institutions etc.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates for the positions advertised should submit: An application Letter and detailed curriculum vitae (expected details below)
Section (a) Personal Data
Name (surname first)
Date of birth
Local Government Area
State of origin
Number of children
Present position with date
Post applied for
Section (b) Educational History
Institutions attended with dates
Academic and professional qualifications
Academic rank held with dates
Academic position held with dates Courses taught
Honours, scholarship, fellowships and prizes/awards
Statement of personal research focus
Institutional academic development plan
Publication and journals (international/local)
Contribution to book (international/local)
Manuscript submitted for publication
Unpublished conferences/workshop paper and public lectures
Membership or learning societies and professional bodies Names and addresses of three
Referral Letters from (3) Referees (at least one of whom must, where appropriate, be the Head of the applicant’s current place of employment); and 2 of 3 referees should make specific statements on the competence base of the candidate’s research and academic pedigree.
Attached set of credentials. Applications should be submitted within 3 weeks of this publication to the following emails;