The Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge is an opportunity to identify solutions that can have a positive impact around education, skills, training, employment opportunities and empowerment of young people.
We believe that you are closest to many of these challenges and could have practical ideas for projects and innovations that address them. If you believe you do, we invite you to form a team of three young people between the ages of 14 to 24 and submit your idea to us.
Kenya is one of the first countries to pilot Generation Unlimited with President Uhuru Kenyatta as a Global Champion for youth empowerment. This year, the Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge is back in Kenya as one of 41 countries participating globally.
To enter the Challenge, you must:
– Be aged 14 to 24 (on 23 September 2019);
– Be part of a team of three participants who meet the age criteria;
– Have a good idea/project/innovation which meets the themes of the Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge (see below) and can express that idea in written form through the online-form below or postal address;
– Commit to attending a three-day pre-bootcamp training session and, if selected, a three-day bootcamp training session;
– Commit to implementing your idea/project/innovation if selected to receive local seed funding which could last until July 2020; and,
– Commit to longer term implementation of your idea/project/innovation if selected for global seed funding.
A panel of expert judges will review all entries and select the top 15. They will then be taken through the Generation Unlimited Innovation Bootcamp where they will be guided on how to refine and pitch their ideas and then do so to the team of judges. The five most promising will receive a USD $1,000 grant, expert advice and mentoring on how to improve their idea/project/innovation further.
The five teams will then be asked to pitch their ideas a second time, at which point two teams will be selected to proceed to the global level. An international panel of judges will then select the top five global solutions. The winners will receive USD $20,000 each and mentorship (locally and globally) to take their ideas to the next level.