UNDP is currently recruiting a National Consultant-Junior Planner for Cox’s Bazar District Development Plan Core Team to be embedded at the DC’s Office to coordinate and prepare the District Development Plan.
The National Consultant – Junior Planner will work under the supervision of Project Manager (DDP) of UNDP’s Rohingya Response Office in Cox’s Bazar, and overall strategic guidance of Team Leader (DDP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the DDP Project Manager and Team Leader, UNDP Cox’s Bazar the National Consultant – Junior Planner will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Field verification of collected data and updating of Data Collection findings and reports.
- Updating spatial and non-spatial database, find the gaps of existing database and report on updates.
- Summarizing and updates on findings from different national, international, UNCT and other organizations.
- Collecting, modification, analysis and infographic presentation of Tourism and Blue economy and Conducting 5 case study on Blue economic prospects
- Report on analysis of key findings from Institutional mapping, sectoral documentation.
- Preparing data analysis framework in relation with the planning and development perspective.
- Preparing context of DDGP for urban development strategies.
- Preparing sectoral thematic reports, infographics, and maps.
- Preparation of communication and advocacy materials.
- Using data visualization tools for data visualization and graphical representation, preparing presentation materials.
- Finalization of database, collected through community consultation, on prioritizing of growth potentiality
- Preparing context, Infographics, fact sheets for the final report.
- Final Report.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
Check the official link.
- Excellent data collection and analysis skills in relation to development challenges and planning;
- In-depth knowledge of participatory development planning and risk reduction strategies, best practices, systems and actors in Bangladesh;
- Excellent coordination skills; ability to facilitate synergies among different stakeholders and interests;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), including ability to network and serve as liaison function between stakeholders from different backgrounds;
- Ability to effectively engage in English and Bangla with a variety of stakeholders including humanitarian actors, high ranking Government Officials, national institutions and Universities, UN and community members to provide advisory support services and support coordination;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Promotes knowledge sharing, knowledge management and a learning environment in the office and among partners;
Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners and respectful and helpful relations with all UN/UNDP staff, partners and communities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban and Regional Planning from any reputed University.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in physical/ development planning with 2 year working experience in Geographical Information System (GIS), Infographics design, and data population.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience of town/Upazila Level participatory planning
- Minimum 1 years’ working experience from positions requiring engagement with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, UN Agency/INGO and development partners.
- Fluency in English and Bangla is required.
- Fluency/better understanding in Local Chittagonian language will be given preference
- Conversant with MS Office Package, Tableo, Illustrator and Photoshop, ArcGIS Desktop and Pro.
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh