The Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship is a global program that identifies and empowers the next generation of exceptional computing research talent. Microsoft Research is currently offer PhD fellowships in Asia-Pacific, Canada and the United States, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), and Latin America.
1) Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Students should support this mission and embrace opportunities to foster diverse and inclusive cultures within their communities.
2) PhD students must be enrolled at a university in EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, or Africa).
3) Proposed research must be closely related to one of the themes at Microsoft Research Cambridge:
-Future of Work
1) $15,000 USD is provided to help complete research as part of their doctoral thesis work for academic year 2022–23.
2) Eligible recipients will be offered a 12-week paid internship with Microsoft Research’s Cambridge, UK lab, or the Microsoft Africa Research Institute (MARI).
3) Opportunities will be provided to build relationships with research teams at Microsoft and receive mentorship.