Qatar Charity Organization is a Doha-based non-governmental organization founded in 1992 in accordance with the laws and regulations governing charitable work in the State of Qatar. The Qatari society was expressing a deep willingness to contribute to the international solidarity chain and to participate in addressing the most important development and humanitarian challenges faced by vulnerable communities around the world. This willingness was derived from the Qatari society’s values, principles and cultural heritage and Qatar Charity came as the institutional solution that would cater to Initially founded to provide ite-saving assistance to children affected by conflicts or natural disasters, Qatar Charity then expanded its areas of expertise lo include various humanitarian and development aid fields providing relief and assistance to more than 110 million beneficiaries worldwide. With funding from Qatar Qatar Charity is collaborating with the government of Nigeria (GON) to support vulnerable communities in achieving progress and prosperity by providing adequate support for vulnerable communities through robust social welfare systems and related services in various states within Nigeria.
Qatar Charity Nigeria Country Office has over 3,500 projects in different intervention areas namely; education and culture, health, water, economic empowerment, social housing, social care, food Security and Emergency Relief projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Code: PM001
Employment Type: Full-time
- Programs and Projects Manager is one of the necessary administrative functions in the association and he/she is responsible for initiating goal setting for programs in accordance with the strategic objectives of the association and planning programs from the beginning till the end taking into account deadlines, and processes and development.
- The work team aims to ensure the successful delivery of each program and add the highest possible value to the association.
- The Director of Programs and Projects manages the ornarams and intimementeribalar Chain ensure the successful delivery of each program and add the highest possible value to the association.
- The Director of Programs and Projects manages the programs and projects implemented by Qatar Charity in the country according to the highest professional standards followed by NGOs in project management.
- It is also concerned with communicating with various stakeholders in relation to Our Charity’s programs and projects in the country, in addition to its relentless pursuit of research to mobilize the support of various kinds and sources for Qatar Charity’s projects in the country
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising the assessment of the development needs of the country using the research and analysis tools, taking into account the vision, mission of the association, its felds of work, and ensuring that the reached needs are consistent with the sectoral preordies identified by the concerned authorities in the country
- Preparing the programs and projects required to respond to the urgent development needs in the country and referring the documents of these programs and projects to the main headquarters by the office manager for approval
- Ensure that all the legal, administrative, technical financial, and necessary conditions are met for launching the approved programmes, projects, and activities on time.
- Effective contribution to efforts mobilize various types of support from various sources at the national level for the programs, projects, and activities of Qatar Charity in the country
- Launching approved programs and projects, taking into account the media and communication policies of Qalar Charity
- Follow up with the contracting parties regarding programs and projects, to ensure that these parties implement their obligations towards the association in full respect of the contractual terms.
- Searching for appropriate solutions to the problems and difficulties that impede the implementation of programs and projects in accordance with the agreed plans and specifications
- Supervising the review of programs and projects being implemented whenever required.
- Perform the temporary and final delivery procedures for the completed works in accordance with the procedures and mechanisms used in the association
- Participation in the tender committee of the office and adherence to its work procedures to ensure the conclusion of all contracts for programs, projects, and activities in a transparent and fair manner
- Manage the proposed projects within the annual plan of the office
- Working on the completion of approved projects in accordance with the approved financial and technical standards and conditions
- Approval and follow-up of interim, final, technical financial reports and approved plans Job.
- An academic qualification from the Faculty of Civil Engineering (at least a Bachelor degree)
- A master’s Degree in Project Management is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Fluency in Arabic (as a prerequisite for the job both speaking and reading)
- Priority is given to those who are fluent in the Arabic language.
- Possess good communication skills.
- A course in Project Management Professional (PMP) is an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in a program and project management position for a period of no less than 12 years
- Good experience in managing programs and projects from scratch
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated copy of their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Code “PM001” as the subject of the mail.