The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
ob Title: Office Manager (Bilingual Secretary)
Institution: Office of Auditor General
Line Supervisor: Auditor General
Supervising: Office Aid
- Under the supervision of the Auditor General, the Office Manager should play a vital role in the smooth running of the office.
- From welcoming visitors to reception of calls, fixing appointments, organizing the schedule of his/her superior, drafting of correspondence and filing documents, his or her duties will be critical to the daily activities of the office.
- In this regard, he/she should be quite accessible and responsive in the face of competing demands from both internal and external parties.
Role and Responsibilities
- Management of the Supervisor’s schedule: manage the Supervisor’s diary and schedule, organise and manage appointments; receive and welcome visitors; make telephone calls; verify in-coming calls to ensure their importance and possibility to respond or transfer to the supervisor.
- Administrative Management: organise meetings; receive, draft, type and make follow-up on administrative letters; book meeting rooms; request and provide supplies to the office.
- Management of mail and documents: create a recording system of in-coming and out-going mails; ensure e-archiving and e-filing of documents using ECM software for easy retrieval when the need arises; manage documents (in-coming and out-going, filing of letters); ensure follow-up on documents submitted for signature or approval.
- Computer skills: Knowledge of Ms Office, ECM and other Ecolink software when it is possible. Demonstrate ability in word processing in English, French and/or Portuguese.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- HND or equivalent in Secretarial Studies or Administration or a related field from a recognized higher institution;
- 6 years’ experience in administrative and secretarial services;
- Sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions with little supervision;
- Knowledge of related computer software and relevant ECM filing systems and correspondence-related procedures, guidelines and processes to preparing and using administrative documents and templates.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
UA25,527.53 – USD40,277.34 / UA30,178.98 – USD47,616.39 / UA34,933.43 – USD55,117.96
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly, attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)