The National Directorate of Employment (NDE) was founded in November 1986 but fully began operations in January 1987.
NDE was created to battle unemployment in Nigeria, and for that reason, the Federal Government of Nigeria created a portal called Jobs for all.
Jobs for all were created for online registration in order to accumulate recent data of unemployed Nigerian graduates, employers, and skills providers.
The aim of creating this portal was to motivate the directorate to serve as a clearinghouse connecting job seekers with existing vacancies in the public and private sector.
Application Requirements National Directorate of Employment Recruitment
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in relation to the applied position from a recognized institution.
- Any added certificate either postgraduate or professional certification will be of advantage.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Applicants must not be above 35 years old.
- West African School Certificate (WAEC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects.
- Candidates must have National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including the English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution. National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution or General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to work with basic computer packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Geographical mobility within and outside Nigeria.
- Have adequate problem-solving skills.
- Male or female between the ages of 18 – 35.
- Good at scriptwriting, creative writing, and analytical writing.
- Ability to undertake self-tutorship.
How to Apply for NDE Recruitment
Application for NDE recruitment can be done in two ways; Online and Offline Application.
1. Online Application:
To apply for the National Directorate of Employment job recruitment online, simply go to the NDE Recruitment Portal: and follow the procedures on the portal.
2. Offline Application:
To apply for National Directorate of Employment job recruitment offline, go to the National Directorate of Employment State headquarters in your state of origin.
Then submit the required documents to the manager. Note that the online submission is currently ongoing.
If you have any problems with the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) online registration, please make use of this LINK and the NDE Headquarter Office Address below for further inquiries.
NDE Headquarter Office,
Plot 1529 Nouakchott Street,
Wuse District, Zone 1,
Abuja- FCT, Nigeria.
Mistakes to Avoid While Applying
A lot of people fail in many applications not because they are not qualified, but because of numerous mistakes. So take note of the following:
- Apply on time, do not wait for the deadline.
- Do the application processes alone, don’t send anybody to avoid mistakes in your data
- Keep yourself updated concerning the application
- Make sure you supply all the necessary requirements
- Take time to crosscheck your details before submission.
- Candidates are to apply for one job position, Candidates who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application disqualified
- The online application is free.
National Directorate of Employment Recruitment Shortlisted Applicant Update
If you’ve been shortlisted, then you’ve got your foot in the door. And it’s time for you to shine at the final stage – the interview.
However, it could be a telephonic, Skype, or a face-to-face interview. And this is depending on the employer. When shortlisted:
- Endeavour to get information about the company.
- Also, ensure you have a clear vision. Try to figure out why you want the specific position. And how you would be a good fit. Also, go through your application.
- Additionally, be interactive. It’s an interview, not an interrogation. There is much more to you than your resume.
- Practice goes a long way. Thus, take mock interviews with your friends or practice speaking before a mirror.
- It’s rare, but sometimes you do get an offer letter directly based on your application. You start planning the celebration, but remember some points before you go into that party mode: Get it in writing.
- Also, go over the written offer in detail. And make sure all important details are mentioned and ask questions if you don’t understand anything. Such as work profile, start date, duration, and stipend etc.
- Send a thank-you letter to the employer, once you accept the offer.
- Also, follow up with an e-mail confirming your start date and expressing your enthusiasm for your new role.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview