Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue postgraduate academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
As one of the developed countries in the ASEAN, Malaysian educational institution has been widely recognized as top 10 universities in ASEAN. Thus, international students who aim to continue their studies in Malaysian are welcomed to apply for this scholarship, hence further their studies in Malaysian Universities both as Master or PhD in research or coursework.
International students who are from these nations: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Philippines, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Kingdom of Morocco, and Palestine are eligible to apply.
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must comply to the following criteria:
- Not be more than 40 and 45 years of age for Master and PhD respectively
- For Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at Bachelor Degree level
- For PhD Program, applicants should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- Proof of English Language Profiency: (a) Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.5); or TOEFL internet-based test, iBT (minimum total score of 92); or (b) Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite)
- Submission of a written proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies
The level of studies are: PhD or Master (Full time postgraduate students for the Academic Year of 2021/2022
As the scholarships are for improving human resources, the priority will be given to the following areas of study:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Environmental Studies
- Health (non including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy)
These scholarships are limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM1,500.00 per month for the entire full time studies both in Master or PhD programmes.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via online application system (https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/). All documents below are compulsory and to be uploaded via online application system (scanned and save as in PDF format):
- Application form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month’s validity);
- All certified copy of Academic Transcript
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants’ alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency;
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees (e.g. lecturer, supervisor or immediate superior, etc.)
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
For further information related to the scholarships, please contact:Scholarship Division – Ministry of Higher EducationLevel 2, No 2, Tower 2Jalan P5/6, Precinct 562200 Putrajaya
and for further information related to MIS application form, please submit your e-mail with screen-shot to: firstname.lastname@example.org or just visit this Scholarship Link.