Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) 2021: Applications are invited from existing and aspiring developers for the Google Africa Developer Scholarship 2021. The program aims to engage with existing and aspiring developers to help them build the skills they need to get a job in tech after the program is over.
The program gives participants free access to select courses, projects, embedded labs (powered by Qwiklabs) and skill assessments; plus, support from the Google Developer community. The resources available in the Google Africa Scholarship will help developers build the skills necessary to get their Google certification.
Grow with Google and Pluralsight have partnered for the third consecutive year to provide a program to support software developers across Africa in three different roles: Associate Android Developer; Associate Cloud Engineer and Mobile Web Specialist. Previous participants have gone on to build impactful projects for their communities, make incredible steps in their career journeys and even become Google certified developers and engineers.
To be eligible for Google Africa Developer Scholarship 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an existing or aspiring software developer.
- Be at least 18 years of age and be a resident of a country in Africa.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Master in-demand Google developer skills with expert-authored Pluralsight content.
- Skills development in preparation for examination for the Associate Android Developer Certification.
- Mentorship support from the GADS program and the Google Developer community.
How to Apply for Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) 2021
Interested applicants for the Google Africa Developer Scholarship 2021 are to complete an onboarding survey.
Applicants will then proceed to fill the registration form (available after submitting the onboarding survey). Watch any of the available Pluralsight Skills content OR complete your “Associate Android Developer” Skill IQ.