Are you a doctoral student engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university? The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed just to encourage and support promising people like you!
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university. The program is open to students in any year of their Ph.D. study. They also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs, a paid visit to Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park for the annual Fellowship Summit, and various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers.
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021)
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher.
Eligible Regions: Open for all.
Applicants must apply through the web-based application portal.
Application must include:
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.