Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. Operating in Nigeria since 2008, Mercy Corps works in fragile and conflict-affected environments and has been providing critical relief aid, empowering communities to prevent and respond to violence, inclusive economic development, recovery from crisis, building better lives and transforming their communities for good.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Local Consultancy for the Development of Sustainability Plan for CIPP
Locations: Abuja, Benue, Kaduna, Kano, Kogi and Plateau (The consultancy will require travel to Abuja, Plateau, and Kano States)
Employment Type: Contract
Timeframe/Schedule: Consultancy is expected to be completed within 23 working days.
Proposed Start date: July 15 2022 to August 30 2022
Reports directly to: Chief of Party, CIPP
Works closely with: CIPP Senior M&E Manager, Mercy Corps Strategic Learning Manager
- Mercy Corps is implementing the Community Initiatives to Promote Peace (CIPP) program. CIPP is a five-year project funded by USAID and implemented by Mercy Corps in partnership with Pastoral Resolve (PARE), Interfaith Mediation Centre (IMC), Savannah Centre for Diplomacy Democracy and Development (SCDDD) and African Radio Drama Association (ARDA).
- The program is mitigating violent conflict in at-risk communities in six states of Nigeria’s Northwest (Kaduna, Kano, and Katsina States) and North Central (Kogi, Benue and Plateau States) through an integrated, multifaceted program that (1) empowers communities to prevent and respond to violence and violent extremism by strengthening key skills and relationships, and (2) fosters an enabling environment for peace through policy advocacy, media outreach, and linkages to development programs.
- CIPP is deliberate in its effort to implement a project whose outcomes will live past the duration of the project and thus sustain the gains of peace in areas of implementation.
- We seek a highly motivated individual/team who believes deeply in Mercy Corps’ organizational mission and who can lead the team in developing a sustainability plan for CIPP Project. The development process will include initial review of the project documents, meeting key team members, organizing workshop with staff and key stakeholders.
Consultancy Key Activities
- Desktop and Project Documents Review
- Consultations with key team members
- Organize workshop with selected CIPP staff
- Organize workshop with Key Stakeholders
- Consultations with individual stakeholders
- Production of reports
- Detailed workplan on of the activities
- Facilitation Guide for Staff, key stakeholders’ workshops
- One workshop for staff in Abuja
- Two workshops in North Central (one for key government officials and another for key participants)
- Two workshops in North West (one for key government officials and another for key participants)
- Meetings with key informants (estimated to be around 10)
- Draft Reports
- Main report
- CIPP Sustainability Plan (max 5 pages)
- Final Report
- Main Consultancy Report
- CIPP Sustainability Plan (Max 5 pages)
- Organize logistics for consultants’ accommodation
- Mobilization of participants/stakeholders
- Organize all logistics associated with workshops/meetings
- Review/approve workshops guide
- Review Draft Report
- Approve final report
Basic knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Lead Consultant: Master’s Degree in Peace and Conflict Studies, Development studies, Business Management or related field
Required Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in facilitating workshops engaging men, women and youth groups engaged in conflict mitigation and peacebuilding
- Experience in development of sustainability plans for Non and or For profit organizations
- Understanding of the context/strong working knowledge of CIPP implementing states in the Northwest and North Central regions, Nigeria
- Languages: Ability to speak and write fluent English and understanding of local context extremely vital
- Mercy Corps will make payment based on agreed schedule through bank transfer. Mercy Corps will deduct WHT in line with government regulations.
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below to: email@example.com using “Local Consultancy for CIPP” as the subject of the email.
- Motivation Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Technical proposal
- Financial Proposal
- Two previous reports on similar or related work
- Three referees’ names and contacts related to similar work
The complete technical proposal (including support documentation) will be evaluated according to the criteria described below:
- Motivation Letter outlining how the applicant meets the requirements of this assignment and Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the applicant (30%).
- Technical proposal detailing understanding of the task and outlining how they propose to undertake this assignment including a work plan (30%).
- Finance Proposal that includes daily professional fee and a reasonable DSA (20%). This shall exclude accommodation
- Two previous reports on similar or related work (10%)
- Three referees’ names and contacts related to similar work and successful completion of past project (10%)