Here at Bank of America, we’re developing innovations in emerging fields like virtual reality, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Through our cutting-edge projects and prototypes, we help all kinds of businesses to access finance more safely, rapidly and globally than ever. And, we support our people while they make the world of technology better, too.
Join us and we’ll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we’ll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if you’re as passionate as we are about changing the world of technology, this could be the opportunity for you.Program ID
RegionEurope, Middle East & Africa
ProgramGlobal Technology And Operations Program
Program typeSummer internship
Global Technology, Africa Summer Analyst
Job Description & Program Overview
Technology touches every part of Bank of America and underpins each deal we make. From low latency programming to big data challenges to keep Bank of America at the forefront of the world’s financial markets, Technology is critical to our success.
Owing to our investment in cutting-edge technology, Bank of America’s Global Technology and Operations (GT&O) division places growth and success as a central part of its strategy. Why? It gives our business the competitive edge to solve business problems by delivering high quality and practical solutions.
Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Technology provides end-to-end technology solutions and support for Global Banking & Markets businesses including Equities, Electronic Trading, Rates and Currencies, Credit and Structured Products, Commodities, Sales and Capital Markets, Wholesale Banking and Research.
Whichever team you join, we expect fresh thinking from our technologists; fast turnaround and delivery means work is challenging but also satisfying as solutions move from concept to implementation.
Summer Analysts attend a comprehensive induction and formal training throughout the program, and a variety of educational speaker events and networking events in order to aid you in your professional, technical and personal development. Interns also benefit from our Mentor and a Buddy program to ensure you are fully supported along the way.
As a Summer Analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical excellence to design, develop and maintain software
- Work directly with users to prepare initial programming specifications from user requirements
- Develop and test algorithms to solve complex business problems
- Design and build complex data to support new business initiatives
- Employ the latest mindset techniques such as agile development to deliver solutions
- Partner with business, product and technology teams across the organisation
- Internal and external client requirements gathering
- Translate client interactions into technical design specifications
- May work with (including but not limited to) Java, C #, Python, Scala, SQL, HTML/CSS and React.JS
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited college or university, with a graduation timeframe between 2022 and 2023
- On track for a minimum 2:1 degree classification (or equivalent)
- We welcome applicants from various degree subject who can show demonstrable evidence of self-learning outside of studies, and efforts to advance technical skills
- Be familiar or committed to learn a programming language(s) and/or other technologies; may include but not limited to Python, C #, Java, Scala, SQL, HTML/CSS and React.JS
- Display clear motivation for exploring a Technology career within financial services
- Demonstrate capacity for innovative thinking and strong problem solving
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Display evidence of strong team-work, leadership and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- Applicants should be open to working in either our Bromley or King Edward Street offices.
Our recruitment process
Analyst internship and full-time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it’s best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one – and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we’re proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve.
What if I need workplace adjustments?
We’re committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers.
If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We’ll get back to you within two business days.
How To Apply
Please note the maximum number of applications that you can submit per recruitment season is 8.You are only allowed to submit:
– 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs– 2 applications in total to APAC programs– 2 applications in total to LATAM programs– EMEA applicants are limited to 1application per recruitment season.Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package