Application is now open for Atlas Corps 12-18 month In-Person Fellowship in United States. Interested and qualified Candidates are advised to apply early, before May 16, 2021 to receive priority.
Atlas Corps seeks candidates from a wide variety of specialties, priority will be given to applicants with two or more years of full-time experience in at least one of the following skill areas:
- Communications / Marketing: Create engaging content, manage social media, and develop marketing campaigns to increase visibility and engagement.
- Partnership Building / Business Development:Mobilize networks, manage partnerships, and develop business proposals to amplify impact.
- Monitoring & Evaluation / Data Analysis: Build frameworks, collect data, and provide analysis, recommendations, and trainings to drive program design decision-making.
- Technology / Engineering: Engineer products (websites, platforms, applications, etc.) to support mission-driven work. Maintain and train teams on information technology systems.
Eligibility for the Atlas Corps Fellowship Programs 2021/2022
- Two or more years of full-time professional experience working to address critical social issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading);
- Age 35 or younger;
- Citizens of EVERY country (except the U.S.) are eligible to apply to all our programs.
Additional requirements for the Blended Fellowship and In-Person Fellowship in the U.S.:
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship;
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation.
Additional requirements for the Virtual Leadership Institute:
- Technological capacity to participate in video calls (1-2 per month);
- Availability to commit to 2-3 hours of online activity and assignments per week for 8 months.
Applicants need to submit only one application to be considered for all Atlas Corps professional development programs. Please indicate on your application whether you are interested in the Fellowship, Virtual Leadership Institute, or both.
The application includes a brief eligibility test to determine if applicants meet the basic requirements of our programs. Once applicants pass that initial eligibility test, they will be asked to give information on their passport, travel/visa history, language skills, employment history, professional skills, and social issue areas. They will also be asked to complete three short essay questions.
The application also requires additional Documents:
- An official transcript or diploma from previously attended universities.Two Recommendations:Applicants are required to submit contact information for at least two recommenders who know them in a professional capacity. Applicants will need to send their requests directly through the application system. Their recommenders will receive an email that asks for a recommendation. More detailed instructions can be found in the online application form.
Applicants may submit the online application before they upload their transcript/diploma and before the recommenders complete their forms. However, applicants will not be able to proceed to the later steps of the selection process until the entire application is complete. At that stage, the Atlas Corps Selection Board will review applications to determine to select strong applicants to move on to the interview stage. The Atlas Corps Selection board includes the Atlas Corps staff and nonprofit sector, government, and business leaders from multiple countries.