The French National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food, and Environment (INRAE) is a major player in research and innovation. It is a community of 12,000 people with 272 research, experimental research, and support units located in 18 regional centres throughout France. Internationally, INRAE is among the top research organisations in the agricultural and food sciences, plant and animal sciences, as well as in ecology and environmental science.
You have an engineering degree or Master degree in microbiology/microbial ecology/microbial biochemistry with an interest in food science.
Essential skills and knowledge :
- You have already used microorganisms/microbial consortia, if possible in food matrices.
- You have a good knowledge of microbial ecology, microbial biochemistry, genomics and omics analysis.
- Experience in bioinformatics and/or biostatistics
- You are fluent in reading, writing and speaking French and English.
- You read, write and speak scientific English
Skills and knowledge required :
- You have a good knowledge of the food industry
- Experience in food science and/or sensory characterisation would be a plus.
Skills required :
- You are motivated to work in an interdisciplinary team
- You are motivated to carry out studies rooted in the reality on the ground
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You are recognised for the quality of your written and oral presentations
- You are autonomous, organised and respect deadlines