Cedarcrest Hospital is a private multispecialty hospital with headquarters in Gudu, with a vision to provide proactive and reactive healthcare with excellence is quality, service and access in all major cities of nigeria and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Family Physician
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Role
- The Family Physician who reports directly to the Head of Medicine, will be responsible for providing high-quality medical care by examining patients and treating diseases.
- The incumbent will be responsible for patients’ routine check-ups as well as non-emergency medical situations that arise; undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health conditions and discover possible issues.
- Take emergency calls, admit and manage in patients as well as running outpatient clinic
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene, etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine patients’ conditions.
- Ask intuitive questions to discover the causes of illness.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history.
- Prescribe and interpret lab test results to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities. Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration.
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to form a high performing medical team. Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer patients to specialists where needed (ophthalmologist, orthopaedist, neurologist, etc.).
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations, or other significant information (e.g, allergic episodes) on Helium plus.
- Make use of patient health data in medical analysis.
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients.
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars.
- Do ward round for medical patients.
- Perform any other additional tasks assigned you.
- Responsible for personal career development and keeping abreast with the latest knowledge and research in your field.
- Keep your medical practicing licenses current and your file updated with the HR office annually
- Understand and adhere to the reporting/escalation lines. Head of Department →Medical Director
- Complete all performance appraisals with supervisors/ line managers/ Heads of department.
- Pursue personal research and publishing of your own work within ethical bounds.
- A target of at least 2 annual publications is desirable
- HIERARCHY This role reports to the Head of Medicine.
Education, Certification And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- Must have a Post Graduate / Residency qualification in Family Medicine.
- 5 – 7 years work experience.
- Proven experience as a Family Physician.
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics.
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms, and epidemiology.
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medical best practices.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Respect for patient’s confidentiality.
- Compassionate and approachable.
- Valid and active medical license
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Job Title: Hospital Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Role
- The Hospital Manager plans and coordinates the health services of a hospital. They supervise all areas of a hospital, health information technicians, nursing, medical records, service staff, facility staff and more.
- The main objective is to assure and improve the efficiency of care, keep up-to-date on new laws, represent the facility at all times and control administrative functions and outputs.
Key Performance Areas
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of all incumbents in a hospital.
- Evaluate subordinates’ performance and supervise them.
- Maintain communication between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads by attending clinical and operational meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- Review and analyze hospital activities and data to aid planning and risk management, in order to improve service provision.
- Plan, implement and administer programs and services in a hospital, including personnel administration, training, and coordination of all employees in kianji.
- Maintain awareness of advances in patient care and risk aversion procedures, as well as servic e standards to enhance patient care.
- Review computerized record management systems for storing and processing data such as personnel activities and information, as well as to produce reports.
- Establish objectives and evaluative operational criteria for the head of departments in a hospital.
- Prepare activity reports to inform the Executive of the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and quality initiatives.
- Prepare operational progress or status reports.
- Inspect facilities and recommend building or equipment modifications to ensure emergency readiness and compliance to access, safety, and sanitation regulations.
- Inspect condition or functioning of facilities or equipment.
- Manage change in integrated health care delivery systems, such as work restructuring, technological innovations, and shifts in the focus of care.
- Consult with the Clinical Heads of Departments and Medical Directors to discuss service problems, respond to efficiency needs, enhance public relations, coordinate activities and plans and promote health programs.
- Develop instructional materials and conduct in-service training programs.
- Develop or expand and implement medical programs or health services that promote resea rc h , rehabilitation, and community health.
- Work with physicians to oversee patient care.
- Monitor expenditure in relation to a hospital’s budget and report on the performance in relation to budget on a monthly basis.
- Lead marketing efforts to ensure the hospital functions smoothly and build brand equity.
- This role has dual reporting, to the Medical Director and to the Chief Executive Officer.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Master of Health Administration or a Master of Business Administration degree is preferred.
- A degree in Law, Finance or Management is acceptable if sufficient experience in a hospital working environment is present.
- The ability to work on Microsoft Office software is a must.
- Understands hospital economics, labour relations, and human resources.
See also Ongoing Employment Opportunities at Work Dey HR Services
- Proven management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work well with a variety of professionals, from doctors and nurses to the CEO and other executives.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and technical skills to find creative solutions for staffing and administrative problems
Job Title: Physiotherapist
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out assessments to evaluate their patients range of movement and their ability to carry out everyday task. work with patients who has a range of conditions neurological, neuromuscularskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 2 – 3 years work experience.