Canadian University Dubai Scholarships are awarded to international Undergraduate students based on the student’s academic performance.
Canadian University Dubai offers the following scholarships:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Financial Hardship Scholarship
- Special Needs Scholarship
- Special Talent Scholarship
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host Country: United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Tuition Waivers
- Deadline: December 20, 2023
The scholarships offer up to $11,633 payable towards tuition as partial scholarships for successful candidates and high academic achievers.
Canadian University Dubai is a prestigious university in the UAE known for its world-class facilities and enchanting structures. It has been ranked in the top 2% (601-650) worldwide and the top 4 in the United Arab Emirates according to the QS World University Rankings 2022.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Scholarships are open to all students of any citizenship who have met all the admission requirements.
- Scholarships are awarded to full-time students enrolled in four academic courses or more per semester. For financial hardship and special needs scholarships, the number of academic courses students must enroll in will be considered on a case-by-case basis, although, where possible, a minimum of four academic courses is recommended. Please note that scholarships can be granted for credit-bearing courses only.
- Students must maintain the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) necessary in order to continue their scholarship. For special needs scholarships, the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) necessary in order to continue their scholarship will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Students can apply in successive years, but scholarships are only valid for two successive semesters, i.e. Fall and Spring. Scholarships are not valid for Summer semesters.
- Scholarships are only valid for current tuition fees.
- You can apply for more than one scholarship, provided you meet the eligibility requirements. If a student qualifies for more than one reduction, scholarship or discount, the student will be given the chance to choose the benefit with the highest value.
- All remaining fees (tuition and housing) must be paid promptly to receive and maintain your scholarship.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- 50% TUITION WAIVER: High school students need to have attained an academic average of 99%* or above to apply for a 50% tuition waiver.For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA after the semester must be 3.98 or higher to continue receiving a 50% tuition waiver.
- 40% TUITION WAIVER: High school students need to have attained an academic average of between 95 – 98.9%* to apply for a 40% tuition waiver.For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA after the semester must be between 3.95 – 3.97 to continue receiving a 40% tuition waiver.
- 30% TUITION WAIVER: High school students need to have attained an academic average of between 90 – 94.9%* to apply for a 30% tuition waiver.For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA after the semester must be between 3.9 – 3.94 to continue receiving a 30% tuition waiver.
- 20% TUITION WAIVER: High school students need to have attained an academic average of between 85 – 89.9%* to apply for a 20% tuition waiver.For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA after the semester must be between 3.85 – 3.89 to continue receiving a 20% tuition waiver.
- 10% TUITION WAIVER (RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY): High school students who were granted an automatic 20% tuition waiver for their first semester at CUD and have maintained a 3.8 – 3.84 CGPA, may be eligible for a 10% tuition waiver on the subsequent semester.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below;
- The scholarship committee will not consider late or incomplete scholarship applications.
- Applicants must email their scholarship application forms (or visit the scholarship section of Student Affairs), along with all supporting documents (as detailed in the relevant sections on the different scholarship types) to email@example.com