Lindii Peace Foundation (LPF) is a Non-Profit and Non-governmental Organization in Nigeria which was registered as a corporate body with the Corporate Affairs Commission on the Eleventh (11th) day of July, 2014.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Invitation to Bid No: TEND026MGLPFNGA-23-R-NGO25673– Supply of WASH Intervention Materials and WASH Services in Maiduguri and Pulka, Gwoza, LGA Borno State – Nigeria
LPF is an indigenous humanitarian organization which is committed to providing humanitarian assistance for victims of crisis and other situations of violence that lead to displacement of humans.
The Lindii Peace Foundation (LPF) has received a grant for the implementation of the humanitarian WASH intervention entitled “Strengthening resilience of vulnerable population through provision of WASH and related Nutrition Services in Pulka Gwoza LGA Borno State”. Part of this operation is the supply of WASH intervention Materials. Therefore, the LPF requests you to submit price bid(s) for the supply of the item(s) listed on the attached LPF Bid Form Annex A. (see ANNEX A for the Lots and breakdown of requisition).
The Tender details are as follows:
|Line||Item||Time, date, address as appropriate|
|1||Invitation to Bid published Date||11th August 2023|
|2||Closing date for clarifications||17th August 2023, 1600 hrs. West Africa Time|
|3||Closing date and time for receipt of Tenders||23rd August 2023, 1600 hrs. West Africa Time|
|4||Tender Opening Location||LPF OFFICE (No 1 Sugun Mai Mele Close, Mustapha Goni Street, New GRA, Maiduguri, Borno State ‐ Nigeria)|
|5||Tender Opening Date and time||24th August 2023, 1100‐1200 West Africa Time|
PLEASE NOTE: NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE ABOVE CLOSING TIME AND DATE; incomplete Bidding documentation will be considered as incomplete Bid and will be Rejected.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ITB:
- This tender is divided into Six (6) Lots.
- LPF may choose to split the contract award to more than one supplier.
- Samples are not mandatory requirement part for this bid. Samples will be requested from bidders although will pass the administrative criteria to be evaluated before the financial evaluation. The submitted samples of non‐awarded bidders may be returned to the bidder at its own cost after the award is completed. The samples of the selected bidder will remain with LPF as part of the bid.
- The delivery time of the Services shall be according to time of Contract. LPF may terminate the contract or impose other penalties if supplier fails to deliver items within this period.
- All supplies shall be delivered as per Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU) INCOTERMS 2020 to LPF Maiduguri Warehouses according to the contract with exception of construction that will be executed at implementing Camp location.
- No advance payment will be paid to the awarded supplier. The awarded supplier is expected to mobilize its own resources to deliver the agreed material.The evaluation process consists of three stages: 1) Administrative, 2) Technical and 3) Financial. Each stage requires information and documents mentioned in this ITB from the bidder.
This tender will be awarded to the lowest cost technically compliant bid. The technical evaluation criteria are as per the specifications stated in Annex A (for all the Lots).
A bid shall pass the administrative evaluation stage before being considered for technical and financial evaluation. Bids that are deemed administratively non‐compliant may be rejected. Documents listed below shall be submitted with your bid.
|1||A.1 (All the Lots Applying for)||Bid Form (Technical)||Complete ALL sections in full, sign, stamp. Must be submitted in a sealed envelope as per LPF TenderProcess Instructions.Mandatory|
|2||A.2 (All the Lots Applying for)||Bid Form (Financial)||Complete ALL sections in full, sign, stamp. Must be submitted in a sealed envelope as per LPF TenderProcess Instructions.Mandatory|
|3||B||Tender and Contract Award Acknowledgement Certificate||Complete ALL sections in full, sign, stamp and submit Mandatory|
|4||C||General Conditions of Contract||Read & understand the General Conditions ofContract for the Procurement of Goods|
|5||D||LPF Supplier Code of Conduct||Sign and stamp Mandatory|
|6||E||Supplier Profile & Registration Form||Complete ALL sections in full of Supplier Profile & Registration form, sign, stamp and submit Mandatory|
|7||F||Reference form||Fill the Form Mandatory|
|8||N/A||Business Registration/ MOU or equivalent proof of registration to show local presence in Nigeria||Submit a copy of registration in the country. Submit MoU or dealership certificate if a representative of aninternational company in Nigeria. Mandatory|
- To be technically acceptable, the bid shall meet or exceed the stipulated requirements and specifications in the Invitation to Bid (ITB). A Bid is deemed to meet the criteria if it confirms that it meets all mandatory conditions, procedures and specifications in the ITB without substantially departing from or attaching restrictions with them. If a Bid does not technically comply with the ITB, it will be rejected.
- The technical criteria are stipulated in Annex A.1 (for all the Lots applying for) – Technical Bid Form.
The technical evaluation will be carried out based on the following aspects:
- < >Compliance with specifications: Offered specifications & quality must match with desired specifications ‐ Complete all offered specifications Annex A.1 (for all the Lots applying for)
- Sample Quality: LPF will call for samples from suppliers those that pass the administrative evaluation. Supplier that offer samples must match with stipulated quality & specifications mentioned in Annex A.1 (for all the Lots applying for). Those Suppliers whose sample quality does not match with desired specifications & quality will be disqualified for the next bidding stage (Financial evaluation).
- Delivery Lead Time and Destination: All stipulated quantity must be delivered at LPF sites within the time of contract Bidder should mention the delivery lead time and offered delivery destination Annex A.1 (Applied for all lots )
- Experience: Bidder must have previous experience / contract(s) with either UN, INGO, NNGO, Governments– Mention reference in Annex F, or copy of previous contract, or recommendation letter.All bids that pass the Technical Evaluation will proceed for Financial Evaluation. Bids that are deemed technically noncompliant will not be financially evaluated.
The following processes will be applied to this Tender:
- Tender Period
- Tender Closing
- Tender Opening
- Administrative Evaluation
- Technical Evaluation
- Financial Evaluation
- Contract Award
Notification of Contract AwardBidders are solely responsible for ensuring that the full bid is received by LPF in accordance with the ITB requirements, prior to the specified date and time mentioned above. LPF will consider only those portions of the bids received prior to the closing date and time specified.
All responsive Bids shall be written on the LPF Bid Form (Annex A.1 and A.2 all the bids applied for).
Beyond the LPF Bid Form “Annex A”, the following documents shall be contained with the bid:
- < >Annex B “Tender & Contract Award Acknowledgment Certificate”
- Annex C “General Conditions of Contract”
- Annex D “Supplier Code of Conduct”
- Annex E “Supplier Profile and Registration form”
- Annex F “References”
Business Registration in Nigeria
- Annex A “Lot 4 Signed and Stamp Sample for Construction of Latrine and Shower” Bids not submitted on Annex A, or not received before the stipulated time and date as stated on page 1, or delivered to any other email address, or physical address will be disqualified.
- Bids submitted by mail, email or courier is at the Bidders risk and LPF takes no responsibility for the receipt of such Bids.
- Bidders are solely responsible for ensuring that the full Bid is received by LPF in accordance with the ITB requirements.
COMPLETION OF BID FORM
- Any discount offered shall be included in the Bid price.
- Unless otherwise requested all Bids shall state if the prices quoted are not DPU (Incoterms 2020).
The currency of the Bid shall be in NGN (Naira). No other currencies are acceptable.
- The Bid Form, and all correspondence and documents related to this ITB shall be in English.
- Packaging shall be of International shipping standard, strong quality, and suitable for shipment as provided in the Bid Form.
- Country of origin of the items shall be clearly stated.
Bids should be clearly legible. Prices entered in lead pencil will not be considered. All erasures, amendments, or alterations shall be initialed by the signatory to the Bid. Do not submit blank pages of the Bid Form and/or schedules which are unnecessary for your offer. All documentation shall be written in English. All Bids shall be signed by a duly authorized representative of the Bidder.
LPF reserves the right to split awards.
Bids shall be valid for at least the minimum number of days specified in the ITB from the date of Bid closure. LPF reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, the validity period in respect of Bids which do not specify any such maximum or minimum limitation.
LPF reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to consider as invalid or unacceptable any Bid which is (a) not clear; (b) incomplete in any material detail such as specification, terms delivery, quantity etc.; or (c) not presented on the Bid Form – and to accept or reject any amendments, withdraws and/or supplementary information submitted after the time and date of the ITB Closure.
AWARD OF CONTRACTS
- This ITB does not commit LPF to award a contract or pay any costs incurred in the preparation or submission of Bids, or costs incurred in making necessary studies for the preparation thereof, or to procure or contract for services or goods. Any bid submitted will be regarded as an offer made by the Bidder and not as an acceptance by the Bidder of an offer made by LPF. No contractual relationship will exist except pursuant to a written contract document signed by a duly authorized official of LPF and the successful Bidder.
- LPF may award contracts for part quantities or individual items. LPF will notify successful Bidders of its decision with respect to their Bids as soon as possible after the Bids are opened. LPF reserves the right to cancel any ITB, to reject any or all Bids in whole or in part, and to award any contract.
- Suppliers who do not comply with the contractual terms and conditions including delivering different products and of different origin than stipulated in their Bid and covering contract may be excluded from future LPF ITBs.
This ITB or any part hereof, and all copies hereof shall be returned to LPF upon request. This ITB is confidential and proprietary to LPF, contains privileged information, part of which may be copyrighted, and is communicated to and received by Bidders on the condition that no part thereof, or any information concerning it may be copied, exhibited, or furnished to others without the prior written consent of LPF, except that Bidders may exhibit the specifications to prospective subcontractors for the sole purpose of obtaining offers from them. Notwithstanding the other provisions of the ITB, Bidders will be bound by the contents of this paragraph whether or not their company submits a Bid or responds in any other way to this ITB.
COLLUSIVE BIDDING AND ANTI‐COMPETITIVE CONDUCT
Bidders and their employees, officers, advisers, agent or sub‐contractors shall not engage in any collusive bidding or other anti‐competitive conduct or any other similar conduct, in relations to:
- < >The preparation of submission of Bids,
- The clarification of Bids,
- The conduct and content of negotiations,
- Including final contract negotiations,In respect of this ITB or procurement process, or any other procurement process being conducted by LPF in respect of any of its requirements.
- For the purpose of this clause, collusive bidding, other anti‐competitive conduct, or any other similar conduct may include, among other things, the disclosure to, exchange or clarification with, any other Bidder, person or entity, of information (in any form), whether or not such information is commercial information confidential to LPF, any other Bidder, person or entity in order to alter the results of a solicitation exercise in such a way that would lead to an outcome other than that which would have been obtained through a competitive process.
Bids that, in the sole opinion of LPF, have been compiled:
- < >With the assistance of current or former employees of LPF, or current or former contractors of LPF in violation of confidentially obligations or by using information not otherwise available to the general public or which would provide a non‐competitive benefit,
- With the utilization of confidential and/or internal LPF information not made available to the public or to the other Bidders,
- In breach of an obligation of confidentially to LPF, or contrary to these terms and conditions for submission of a Bid, shall be excluded from further considerationWithout limiting the operation of the above clause, a Bidder shall not, in the absence of prior written approval from LPF, permit a person to contribute to, or participate in, any process relating to the preparation of a Bid or the procurement process, if the person has at any time during the 6 months immediately preceding the date of issue of this ITB was an official, agent, functionary, or employee of, or otherwise engaged by, LPF and was engaged directly, or indirectly, in the planning or performance of the requirement, project, or activity to which this ITB relates.
- LPF has zero tolerance for corruption.
- The Bidder represents and warrants that neither it nor any of its potential subcontractors are engaged in any form of corruption, defined by LPF as the misuse of entrusted power for private gain.
This definition is not limited to interactions with public officials and covers both attempted and actual corruption, as well as monetary and non‐monetary corruption. The definition includes, but is not limited to, corruption in the form of: facilitation payments, bribery, gifts constituting an undue influence, kickbacks, favoritism, cronyism, nepotism, extortion, embezzlement, misuse of confidential information, theft, and various forms of fraud, such as forgery or falsification of documents, and financial or procurement fraud. No offer, payment, consideration or benefit of any kind, which could be regarded as an illegal or corrupt practice, shall be made, promised, sought or accepted – directly or indirectly – as an inducement or reward in relation to activities funded by LPF, including tendering, award or execution of contracts. LPF reserves the right, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to it, according to any violation of this clause to immediately reject the submitted offer, and to take such additional action, civil and/or criminal, as may be appropriate.
The Bidder agrees to accurately communicate LPF’s policy with regards to Anti‐ Corruption to Third Parties. The Bidder furthermore agrees to inform LPF immediately of any suspicion or information it receives from any source alleging a violation of this policy to the contact details of the specific LPF country operations https://lindiipeacefoundation.org , or via LPF’s Code of Conduct Reporting Mechanism: firstname.lastname@example.org . Reports of suspected corruption can also be reported directly to Report@lindiipeacefoundation.org
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
A Bidder shall not, and shall ensure that its employees, officers, advisers, agents or subcontractors do not place themselves in a position that may, or does, give rise to an actual, potential or perceived conflict of interest between the interests of LPF and the Bidder’s interests during the procurement process.
If during any stage of the procurement process or performance of any LPF contract a conflict of interest arises, or appears likely to arise, the Bidder shall notify LPF immediately in writing, setting out all relevant details of the situation, including those cases in which the interests of the Bidder conflict with the interests of LPF, or cases in which any LPF official, employee or person under contract with LPF may have, or appear to have, an interest of any kind in the Bidder’s business or any kind of economic ties with the Bidder. The Bidder shall take steps as LPF may reasonably require, to resolve or otherwise deal with the conflict to the satisfaction of LPF.
WITHDRAWAL/MODIFICATION OF BIDS
- Requests to withdraw a Bid after the Bid closure time shall not be honored.
- Withdrawal of a Bid may result in your suspension or removal from the LPF suppliers List.
- A Bidder may modify its Bid prior to the ITB closure. Any such modification shall be submitted in writing and in a sealed envelope, marked with the original Bid number. No modification shall be allowed after the ITB closure.
All Bids received after the ITB closure will be rejected.
OPENING OF THE ITB
The Tender Opening will take place at the time and location stated above.
Any attempt by a Bidder to influence the Evaluation Committee in the process of examination, clarification, evaluation and comparison of tenders, to obtain information on how the procedure is progressing or to influence LPF in its decision concerning the award of the contract will result in the immediate rejection of the tender.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
All Bidders shall acknowledge that the LPF General Conditions of Contract for the Procurement of Goods, or Services, or the Special Conditions of Contract, as applicable, are acceptable.
CANCELLATION OF THE ITB
In the event of an ITB cancellation, Bidders will be notified by LPF. If the ITB is cancelled before the outer envelope of any Bid has been opened, the sealed envelopes will be returned, unopened, to the Bidders
The ITB may be cancelled in the following situations:
- < >where no qualitatively or financially worthwhile Bid has been received or there has been no response at all;
- the economic or technical parameters of the project have been fundamentally altered;
- exceptional circumstances or force majeure render normal performance of the project impossible;
- all technically compliant Bids exceed the financial resources available; or
- there have been irregularities in the procedure, in particular where these have prevented fair competition.LPF shall not be liable for damages, whatever their nature (in particular damages for loss of profits) or relationship to the cancellation of an ITB, even if LPF has been advised of the possibility of damages. The publication of a procurement notice does not commit LPF to implement the program or project announced.
Method of Application
Bids can be submitted by email to the following dedicated, controlled, & secure email address: email@example.com
When Bids are emailed, the following conditions shall be complied with:
- < >The ITB number shall be inserted in the Subject Heading of the email
- Separate emails shall be used for the ‘Financial Bid’ and ‘Technical Bid’, and the Subject Heading of the email shall indicate which type the email contains
Hard copy Bids shall be separated into ‘Financial Bid’ and ‘Technical Bid’:
- < >The Financial Bid shall only contain the financial bid form, Annex A.2 (for all the Lots applying for)
- The Technical Bid shall contain all other documents required by the tender as mentioned in section A (for all the Lots applying for). Administrative Evaluation, but excluding any pricing information
The Financial Bid shall only contain the financial bid form, Annex A.2
- The Technical Bid shall contain all other documents required by the tender as mentioned in section A. Administrative Evaluation, but excluding any pricing information
- Bid documents required, shall be included as an attachment to the email in PDF, JPEG, TIF format, or the same type of files provided as a ZIP file. Documents in MS Word or excel formats, will result in the bid being disqualified.
- Email attachments shall not exceed 4MB; otherwise, the bidder shall send his bid in multiple emails.Failure to comply with the above may disqualify the Bid.
- LPF is not responsible for the failure of the Internet, network, server, or any other hardware, or software, used by either the Bidder or LPF in the processing of emails.
- LPF is not responsible for the non‐receipt of Bids submitted by email as part of the e‐Tendering process.
- Bids can be submitted in one of two ways; hardcopy or electronically. If the Bidder submits a Bid in both Hardcopy and electronically, LPF will choose the version that is the most advantageous to LPF.
SUBMISSION OF SAMPLES
Samples are not mandatory requirement part for this bid. Samples will be requested from bidders that pass the administrative criteria to be evaluated before the financial evaluation. The submitted samples of non-awarded bidders may be returned to the bidder at its own cost after the award is completed. The samples of the selected bidder will remain with LPF as part of the bid.