Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Sokoto
- Job Field: Medical / Healthcare , NGO/Non-Profit
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for nutrition and health assessments;
- Liaise with Nutrition Assistants for accessing community support group and health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility based activities;
- Conduct ongoing capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs;
- Ensure that all health facilities/sites have adequate supplies to delivery uninterrupted health care services through identifying needs, informing line manager on regular basis;
- Support the Nutrition Programme Manager in organizing LGA based coordination meeting;
- Prepare individual monthly action plan in reference to work plan and share with the Nutrition Programme Manager in regular monthly planning meeting with nutrition teams led by the Nutrition Programme Manager;
- Ensure that all children and patients visiting ACF supported facilities are properly examined and treated according to national nutritional protocols and standards;
- Identify financial requirements, logistic needs, HR support in reference to work plan and inform the NPM to prepare budget forecast.
- Ensure availability of essential nutrition supplies in assigned health facilities including data tools;
- Develop monthly monitoring and supervision plan for the LGA and share with the Nutrition and Programme Manager;
- Ensure that specific monitoring finding is reported to the Nutrition Programme Manager with potential solutions;
- Regularly follow up with the teams on the progress of activity, challenges and guide on necessary actions;
- Share training plans with identified needs to the PM well in advance to facilitate support from HR/Admin/Logistics;
- Track Supervisee’s daily attendance, validate monthly attendance for supervisee, and submit it on a timely basis to HR;
- Maintain and update database for health workers, community health workers/volunteers, trainings and share with line manager;
- Prepare consolidated tracking tool for supportive supervision visits/on-job coaching sessions and share with line manager;
- Update LGA work plans, individual work plans and share with line manager;
- Use appropriate attendance sheet on-job coaching sessions, workshops/meetings and trainings and share a copy with line manager;
- Use specific supervision checklist during supervision visits and archive filled supervision checklists with summary report – every month;
- Fill the health evolution reports every month for the LGA and share it with line manager for consolidation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Nursing, Public Heath, Food Science/Technology or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in nutrition programming;
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa;
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Team management experience with similar programs;
- Ability to observe and to provide feedback on the activities;
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies.
The deadline for this position is Tuesday, 21st August 2023.