Sabi is Africa’s leading provider of commercial infrastructure for the distribution of goods and services. Its platform enables and empowers the most underserved merchants in the world, allowing agents, merchants, aggregators, distributors, and manufacturers to expand their capabilities and grow their businesses using Sabi’s technology rails. These rails provide access to supply, logistics, business tools, data insights and financial services.
This could mean ensuring a great assortment of low-priced goods is available to them, providing a way for them to manage inventory, or facilitating finance. Our aim is to understand the informal economy better than anyone and help them grow in ways they haven’t before.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Job type: Full-time
- The Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master’s chief responsibility is to effectively and efficiently manage the development sprints from planning to execution and review in an agile development environment.
- The role will include running daily scrums, managing the product backlog, collaborating on requirement documentation, managing support tickets and unblocking barriers to keep the team moving.
- You will be responsible to communicate and collaborate primarily with the engineering, customer success and senior management teams.
- Facilitates daily stand-up, iteration planning, sprint review, and iteration retrospective.
- Manage the engineering development projects and facilitates sprint releases.
- Create or analyze business requirements documents and project timelines.
- Guides team in time estimating practices and facilitates team estimates.
- Drive team iteration execution, communicates with management and stakeholders, protects. the team from uncontrolled injection of work (changes are evaluated/intentional).
- Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to keep operations running at a high performance.
- Work with the team leads to resolve people problems and project roadblocks.
- Able to do post mortem and root cause analysis to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity.
- Leads team effort in relentless improvement, define and implement improvement stories to increase the velocity and quality of the program.
- Implement and support principles, rules and processes.
- Proactively identify and eliminate impediments and facilitate flow.
- Maintain team data in project management software (i.e. JIRA, Azure Board, etc.) to support estimates and execution.
- Presents high level project readouts for senior management.
- Supports product owner(s) with intra-team dynamics with respect to priorities and scope.
- Manage other special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as needed.
Special Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience and 2 years leading sprints
- Demonstrable expertise of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Expert coach on implementation of agile scrum
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile procedures to predict the development teams’ needs
- Solid experience working with Architecture teams to assess and size story/epics
- Passionate commitment to delivering products on time
- Comfortable with presenting project readouts to Executive level audience
- Deep understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology
- Excellent communicator in person, over the phone and through email
- Self-motivated, organized
- Motivated by the mission of Sabi
- Pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself .
- Rapid Career Growth
- Annual Training Budget
- Robust Health Coverage, including
- Optical Cover, and
- Dental Cover
- Wellness Programs, including
- Free Gym Cover
- Free Spa Cover
- Competitive Pension Plan
- Opportunity to work in other global office.
- Life Cover
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation Days
- Fully-funded Team Bonding Activities
Application Closing Date