Are you passionate about world development and are looking for valuable experiences to complement your studies? The UNDP Internship Program is an outstanding opportunity where interns have the chance to learn about the leading development programs initiated by the United Nations. The UNDP Internship program aims to provide candidates interested in international development with a deeper knowledge of the UNDP’s work. The UNDP Internship is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are interested in hands-on experience with issues related to global poverty eradication and sustainable development.
UNDP offers attractive paid positions in several areas for the sole purpose of promoting global development. Around 170 countries are part of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), which is the leading development promotion agency of the UN. UNDP interns have a tremendous opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working with qualified, well-trained, and exceedingly experienced mentors and supervisors to achieve the goals of the UNDP. The organization works towards a better future for humanity by addressing issues such as eradicating poverty, reducing inequities and exclusion, and empowering countries to embark on sustainable development and growth.
The UNDP internship program includes students and recent graduates from the most diverse fields of knowledge. The most popular areas of study in this program are Economics, Public or Business Administration, Environmental Studies, International Relations, and Other related areas. The type of activities that interns perform can vary depending on the opening and the needs of the department where they are placed. The following are the most common responsibilities: Conducting research, Writing documents, Cataloguing information, forums, or other collaborative events, Assisting in the organization of conferences, and Publishing knowledge stories/best practices. These internships can take place at the UN’s headquarters, its country offices, or regional offices. The length of an internship depends on both the candidate’s qualifications and the needs of the UN.
UNDP Internship Program Details:
- Host Organization: United Nation Development Program
- Program Locations: UNDP Country Offices, at Regional Hubs or Headquarters in New York.
- Internship Type: Full-time/Part-time (Paid)
- Eligible Countries: All
- Deadline: Varies
What are the Benefits of the UNDP Internship Program 2021-2022?
- The UNDP interns would receive a monthly stipend.
- UNDP interns receive a monthly stipend to cover costs associated with the internship. Stipend amounts can vary from one duty station to another.
- There are chances that interns will be assigned to UNDP or to the UN system in the future.
- Additionally, interns may receive financial aid from their nominating institutions or the government.
Eligibility Criteria for the UNDP Internships:
- Applicants from all over the world may apply for the UNDP internships.
- Candidates can either be enrolled in a graduate program or have earned a second university degree, or they can be in the final academic year of their first university degree.
- The candidate should have fluency in at least one of UNDP’s three working languages: French, English, and Spanish.
- The knowledge of Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, or another Eastern European language would be advantageous.
- The candidates should be able to demonstrate their relevance to UNDP programs.
- At the time of application, the candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with people from different languages, national, and cultural backgrounds.
The application deadline to apply for the UNDP internship varies according to each internship program.
How to Apply for the UNDP Internship Program?
- Candidates must submit their applications only via UNDP’s website.
- Internship opportunities at UNDP are listed in the UNDP Job Section.
- Please select an area of interest and then click “Apply.”.
- Please ensure that you follow the specific deadline for the internship program, as each internship has a different and exclusive deadline.
- If you wish to apply to more than one program, you must register separately for each program.