Are you a young, inventive entrepreneur with a brilliant technological solution that has the potential to revolutionise African agriculture for smallholder farmers? Do you want to make a huge socioeconomic effect in your Nigerian community? If this is the case, you are invited to compete in the AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria 2023.
They are appealing to all Nigerian tech-savvy change-makers who want to usher in a new era of wealth for the country’s agriculture industry. The competition provides a platform for young entrepreneurs to shine by giving comprehensive business training, a mentorship program with industry experts, and opportunity to propose ideas to possible investors.
The AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria is an enterprise development program initiated by Heifer International and implemented by Wennovation Hub to identify, nurture, and support innovative, relevant and technology-driven agric-centric enterprises to grow, scale and thrive. Candidates should be early-stage or growth-stage youth-led agritech businesses/companies with innovative solutions impacting smallholder farmers at scale.
AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria Benefits
- Compete for a chance to win a share of $20,000.
AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria Eligibility
- Be aged 18-35 by the closing day of submission to the AYuTe Nigeria challenge;
- Be a youth with innovative ideas focusing on the agriculture sector;
- Have ideas that are proven to solve social problems and are implementable, technically feasible, economically sound (affordable), and environmentally smart (eco-friendly);
- Hold Nigerian nationality with official ID (national identity card, international passport, or permanent voters’ card);
- Produce financial statements for the venture;
- Be the founder or co-founder of the enterprise represented in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership;
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offences;
- Have the potential for partnership and collaboration with other actors/stakeholders.
The company must have:
- Been registered/incorporated with the relevant government agencies in Nigeria;
- The ability to scale and impact a large number of smallholder farmers, including recorded evidence of demonstrated impact on smallholder farmers’ revenue and/or operations;
- The potential for job creation and poverty reduction;
- Alignment with relevant national policies and international treaties (e.g., SDGs);
- An identifiable technological innovation that addresses the following problems for smallholder farmers:
- Smallholder farmer productivity
- Smallholder farmer income
- Labour intensiveness of operations
- Access to information
- Strong competitive advantage
AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria Application
The application period will be open until July 31, 2023, by 5pm WAT.