University College Hospital (UCH) in Ibadan is Nigeria’s premier and foremost Teaching Hospital. With a capacity of over 1,300 in-patients, it offers diverse and specialized healthcare services.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
As per Decree No.10 of 1985, now referred to as Cap 463, the Director of Administration’s role includes serving as the Secretary to the Board of Management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for advising the Chief Medical Director and the Board of Management on policy matters relating to the efficient, effective, and excellent administrative services expected of a Teaching Hospital with international repute.
Requirements and Specifications:
To be eligible for this position, applicants must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A good Honours Degree in either Hospital/Health Services Management/Administration, or the Humanities, or the Social Sciences from a recognized University, along with evidence of completion of or exemption from the NYSC.
- A Post-graduate Degree in a relevant field will be considered an added advantage.
- Any other suitable and equivalent professional qualification such as CIPM, NIM, etc.
- A minimum of five credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings from the same examination body in the West African School Certificate or NECO Certificate.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Additionally, candidates must have 18 to 20 years of cognate administrative experience in a Teaching Hospital or any other institution of similar standard.
Conditions of Service:
The conditions of service for this position are similar to those obtainable in the Federal Public Service.
The annual salary for this position is CONHESS 15, ranging from N4,233,344.00 to N5,139,000.00.
Interested and qualified candidates should obtain Application Forms from the office of “The Head of Human Resources Department of the University College Hospital, Ibadan”. Candidates are required to submit the completed Form along with 20 copies each of their detailed Curriculum Vitae and Credentials, as well as Statements of their vision for the Hospital in not more than 1,000 words to the following address:
The Chief Medical Director,
University College Hospital,
P.M.B. 5116, Ibadan,
- Candidates should also request reports from three (3) Referees in support of their applications. Referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional, and managerial abilities, as well as moral character and uprightness. The reports should be forwarded to the same address mentioned above.
- Please indicate the position applied for on the left top corner of the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for an interview.
- Candidates below the grade of Deputy Director of Administration on CONHESS 14 or an equivalent grade need not apply.
Application Deadline 31st August 2023.