SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rigging & Lifting Foreman – M/F
Location: Akpo, Rivers (AKPO FPSO)
Contractual Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed-term-contract
Contract Duration: Based on AKPO Contract duration
Area Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- Inspection works, any delicate lifting/rigging operations and ensures that proper risk assessment studies are carried out beforehand.
- Compiles and maintains a comprehensive database for all AKPO lifting plans and lifting risk assessments for recall and re-use when required,
- Identifies recurrent equipment lifting/rigging problems, analyses them and suggests improvements to direct supervision.
- Warns support and planning teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of special rigging or lifting equipment,
- Keeps track of any backlog of work in his area of responsibility and suggests corrective measures to Company and Contractor if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable,
- Suggests improvements and requests modifications.
- He is responsible for assuring safe and controlled Rigging and Lifting operations within his field of competence.
- He ensures that Rigging and Lifting operations under his responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with Company’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice, thereby guaranteeing the quality of maintenance operations, within his field, carried out on site by Contractor.
- He guarantees a good level of availability of the rigging/lifting equipment he is responsible for on production site.
- He plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training and development by mentoring on site.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more.
- Lifting certification such as OPITO level 3 or LEEA APLO.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online