Recruitment at Caracal Oil & Gas Support Group The Caracal Oil & Gas Support Group is an offshore oilfield solutions group of companies established in 2013 with the vision to bring world class operating standards to support offshore West African oil and gas operators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Second Engineer (2E)
- The 2E reports to the CE on a daily basis.
- He assumes charge of Engine Room and machinery in the absence of the CE.
- He assumes watch as directed by CE.
- The 2E supports the CE in supervising the daily works of the engine department personnel.
- The 2E may be appointed as the ship’s ECO (Environmental Compliance Officer) by the Master.
2E’S General Duties
- Liaisons with the CO.
- Supervises work and maintain engine logbooks.
- Ensures delivered spare parts & consumables are inventoried & stowed
- Notifies the Company of any quantity/quality deficiency of above
- Performs any other duties as directed by CE
- May be appointed as ECO deputy by the Master – Master and CE to be immediately informed of any conflicts in duties, schedules, etc.
- Attends stand-by duties at arrival/departure ports
- Carries out Duty Engineer responsibility as directed
- Ensures Engine Department complies with safety requirements
- Ensures compliance with environmental protection requirements
- Maintains inventory of spare parts & consumables on hand/on order
- Prepares/scrutinizes machinery spare part/stores requisition s
- Prepares/scrutinizes electrical spare part/stores requisitions
- Receives and signs for spare parts and stores
- Ensures above are delivered as ordered.
The EO’s qualifications are:
- Engineering / Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Possession of all valid certificates under STCW and the Flag of the ship for the type of the ship and her trading.
- Minimum of 8 experience.
- Age: 35-45 years
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 21st July, 2023.