PURPOSE OF THE COMPETITION
The official poster of the 25th edition of the Ciudad de Soria International Short Film Festival, aims to stimulate the creativity of artists and designers from all over the world, spreading cinematographic culture among citizens, as well as promoting the dissemination of the image of the contest at a national level. National and international.
The International Short Film Contest “CIUDAD DE SORIA” invites those who are interested in participating in the 25th Edition Announcing Poster Contest to present their work, and must comply with the following RULES:
This is an open contest aimed at designers, artists, and creators of any nationality. Therefore, as many people as are interested may participate in it, individually or as a team, each of them being able to present a maximum of one poster per author.
1. The theme will be related to the 25 years of celebration of the Festival, and pictorial, photographic, or digital composition.
2. The works presented must include the following text in a clearly visible way:
- The design must have a free space for the subsequent insertion of the logos of collaborating organizations and companies, including the hashtag #soriaesigualdad
- It is important to take into account that the chosen design of the poster is applied to very different advertising formats (roll, billboard, mupis, buses, etc.), so the design must allow its horizontal and vertical adaptation to these formats, being equally identifiable as in the original format.
- Only unpublished works that have not been submitted to other festivals will be admitted to this contest. In the event that images or plagiarism of images from other authors or institutions have been used, the author will be solely responsible for any incident that may occur for these reasons, and the work will be withdrawn immediately.
- Posters with stereotyped images and/or local topics (monuments, traditions…) and/or cinema such as popcorn, movie seats, scissors, etc. will be automatically eliminated.
- One of the challenges of the Soria City Council is to promote feminism in each of the departments, applying the gender perspective in the different projects in order to reverse the data that indicates that women continue to suffer invisibility, discrimination, and violence sexist. To this end, a comprehensive plan has been implemented to help review the path taken in order to improve actions. In this sense, the Department of Youth, promoter of the contest for the realization of the poster that will constitute the image of the XXV Edition of the International Short Film Contest “CIUDAD DE SORIA”, joins the roadmap of the Sustainable Development Goals for implement Goal 5 on Gender Equality, because “gender equality is not only a fundamental human right,
Posters with samples of homophobia, racism, machismo, etc., nor with typical and/or stereotyped representations of women or the sexualization of women and their bodies are not allowed.
- A single prize endowed with €1,000 is established, from which the relevant taxes established by law will be deducted.
- As many people as are interested may participate in it, individually or as a team, each of them being able to present a maximum of one poster per author.
- Only unpublished works that have not been submitted to other festivals will be admitted to this contest.
- The design must have a free space for the subsequent insertion of the logos of collaborating organizations and companies, including the hashtag #soriaesigualdad.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- The authors who submit to the contest must make their design in JPG Din A/4 format and 72ppp vertical via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email sent to the organization must contain the following information:
- Subject: Poster Contest Short Film Contest Soria 2023+ Title of the work.
- Two attached files in order to maintain the anonymity of the author:
- File with the final Art: JPG vertical format at Din A/4 size and 72 dpi. (Files with layers and text without plotting will not be accepted at this stage).
- File with the author’s data in Word/Notepad: Name of the author (and/or name of the company if applicable), Place of origin (town/province/country), Telephone contact, Contact email, Identification document, Responsible declaration on the authorship of the poster and the assignment of use.
3. The organization will send an email confirming the correct receipt of the registration and materials. The participants will not be able to make the posters public until the week after the day the winning poster is announced. Any poster that is shown publicly, before the winner is published by the Festival Organization, will mean that both the poster presented and its author will be left out of the contest.
Application Deadline: July 5, 2023 (8 Days Remaining)