The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Technical Assistant
Job Identification: 11248
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology and Systems
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate ICT Assistant to join our ICT Team in Jos, Plateau State.
- The purpose of the ICT Assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of ICT (Information, Communication, and Technology) functions responsibilities at the Area office level and other possible travel to another Area field office for support.
- To be successful in this role you will be a tech-savvy, IT professional, a confident communicator with excellent relationship-building skills, and capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels while supporting new initiatives and learning projects across the country.
- If you are a highly organized individual, and have previous experience in ICT support & management, we would love to hear from you!
- Responsible of providing first-level support to NRC staff, including but not limited to network, printers, computers software, and hardware troubleshooting.
- Ensures effective help desk coordination of all NRC Staff tickets in the country, and proper assigning to respective Area Office of ICT officers.
- Assist in the rollout of new software or hardware to all devices.
- Maintain service contracts for phone networks, and asset registers for communications equipment, in coordination with the User support need.
- Conduct awareness sessions and ICT training are when needed.
We are looking for:
- Candidates should possess a First Degree with relevant work experience.
- Proven record of accomplishment of professional experience in providing ICT Support & management
- Confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels, and challenge with humility when necessary
- Intuitive and empathetic, able to relate to others and build report
- Highly organized, capable of operating within multiple reporting lines and managing multiple priorities successfully
- Experience in working within a team, meeting workload requirements, and being as effective through delivery as possible.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.