Do you have a passion for telling tales about climate change in Africa that go beyond the disaster and climate crisis-focused news? Are you an African podcaster, blogger, TikToker, or vlogger? For the Africa No Filter Climate Action Grant 2023, applications are currently being accepted.
In collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, Africa No Filter is seeking storytellers from Africa and the Diaspora to produce captivating content that demonstrates a continent combating climate change.
The content should cover a wide range of themes and be original. Either of the following formats would be acceptable:
- Conversations with climate activists.
- Communities turning the tide against climate change.
- Profiles of entrepreneurs and innovators in the climate space.
- Original content not depicting Africa as a broken and dependent content or showing Africans as lacking agency.
Africa No Filter Climate Action Grant 2023 Grant
- Content creators will receive grants worth up to $5,000 to produce new content, as well as networking opportunities and support to amplify their content.
Africa No Filter Climate Action Grant 2023 Eligibility
- Open to African content creators based anywhere in Africa and the Diaspora.
- Content creators must be aged over 18 years, with a track record of producing climate content.
- Content creators must have more than two years’ experience producing podcasts, blogs, vlogs, and social media content about climate action in Africa.
- Content creators must have a combined audience of at least 5,000 followers on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Content creators must not be represented by an agent or apply representing an organization.
- Content creators can be individuals or a maximum of three hosts.
- Content creators must have demonstrable passion for telling African climate stories beyond the usual stereotypes of poverty, disease, conflict, poor leadership, and corruption.
Africa No Filter Climate Action Grant 2023 Application
Applications must include a short write-up about how your idea tells a climate story beyond stereotypes, and links to your social media pages, as well as your blog/vlog/Tiktok page.
Deadline: June 29, 2023