The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Referent
Location: Owo, Ondo
Contract term: Contract under French law
Contract length: 6 months, renewable
Position to be filled: ASAP
Mission And Main Activities
- The Medical Referent of the ALIMA Owo Project is the ALIMA representative and responsible for the implementation of program/medical activities in Ondo and other LGAs if needed. He/She is the linkage between field team, researchers, coordination and community.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Medical Coordinator, and Mission Coordination team, define and plan the project objectives and priorities, the risks and constraints , and calculate human and financial needs. Cultivate the relationship with the FMCO/MOH stakeholders in order to implement efficiently and ensure the goals as well as to improve targeted population’s health conditions and humanitarian situation.
- Definition of the project’s medical objectives and intervention strategies
- Organizing, analyzing and effectively managing the project’s medical activities
- Compile and analyze medical/program data for reports (medical sitrep…) to the medical coordination and project coordinator on project’s evolution and propose corrections if needed.
- Compile and share details regarding research data with the research team as per the protocols while adhering to information protection mechanisms.
- Ensure a quality of data collection and epidemiological surveillance system, in agreement with the medical coordination,
- Supervise full implementation of safety and health protocols, reporting to the Medical Coordination and Project Coordinator on risky behaviors,
- Contribute to the operation and running of INTEGRATE, SPP research projects where appropriate by providing clinical advice on the relevance of research projects and attending research team meetings.
- Supervision and training of the project’s healthcare human resources
- Implementing the project’s staff health policies
- Participation in the prevention of abuse of power and sexual and gender-based violence (PSEA)
Experiences and Skills
- You have a Medical Diploma (a paramedical diploma would be essential), Master’s Degree in Clinical Research, Epidemiology or Public Health
- You have at least 4 year’s experience in medical Practice, previous experience in humanitarian context and experience of team management and supervision.
- You have experience in management of viral Hemorrhagic fevers is an asset
- You have analytical and organizational skills, a critical mind and the ability to put forward proposals, as well as the ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural context.
- A strong command of both spoken and written English is essential for this position; proficiency in French would be considered an asset.
- Depending on experience + Per Diem
ALIMA pays for :
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee and their dependents
- Evacuation of the employee.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the initial deadline if an application is accepted.
- Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + cover letter in PDF format) will be considered.
- Female candidates are strongly encourages to apply.