Maltina is the smooth, nourishing malt drink with complete richness. Launched as a food supplement, Maltina is fortified with Vitamins and Calcium for healthy families. Maltina remains the category leader with its innovations and message of sharing happiness. Applications are hereby invited for:
Title: Maltina Teacher of the Year 2023 Competition (9th Edition)
- As part of our commitment to our corporate philosophy of “Winning with Nigeria”, Nigerian Breweries Plc has continued to take an increasingly active part in supporting education, amongst our other CSR focus point.
- As testament to this, we set up the Nigerian Breweries-Felix Ohiwerei Education Trust Fund in 1994 with a startup capital of 100 million Naira to enable sustained quality education through structured intervention in the sector.
- The fund has footprints across the six geographical zones in Nigeria at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of education. Through the Fund, we have constructed and furnished over 400 classrooms, sanitary facilities and libraries in 74 communities across the country. We have also granted scholarships to deserving students in tertiary institutions.
- In 2015, the fund introduced the Maltina Teacher of the Year, a national competition to identify, honor and reward outstanding teachers in Nigeria.
- Maltina Teacher of the Year which has recognised a total of 181 teachers since inception, is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and other stakeholders in education including the Nigeria Union of Teachers(NUT), All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPPS) and Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).
Objectives of the Competition
- Maltina Teacher of the Year Award aims to recognize and celebrate exceptional teachers in Nigeria. The initiative is open to teachers in ALL secondary schools across the country.
- There will be champions from each state of the federation and the FCT from which the overall winner will emerge – State Champions that emerges from the 36 States and the FCT are recognised and rewarded, the National Winners emerges from these State Champions after further assessment.
- Teachers in public and private school.
- Capacity development training
- Fully equipped block of classrooms or computer laboratory.
- N500,000 each.
Application Deadline: 21st July, 2023.