VAGAN OIL AND GAS LTD Has Experience In Oil & Gas Field Maintenance And Services, Welding And Fabrication, Electrical And Mechanical Installation / Operation & Maintenance And Civil / Mechanical Construction Works In Both Land And Swamp Locations In The Niger Delta.
Senior Supervisor (Senior Pipeline Project Engineer)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 20 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Degree B.Sc./ B. Eng./HND in Mechanical, Chemical, Metallurgical, Civil or Corrosion Engineering with strong knowledge of pipeline engineering.
- <= 55 years
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in integrated Oil & Gas upstream operations, 5 years of which will be at project supervision level in related jobs and good understanding of pipeline engineering, integrity, and capacity management systems.
- Knowledge of SPDC onshore and shallow offshore pipeline network
- Strong communication and interface management skills when dealing with multiple parties, including Government regulators.
- Hands on experience in using SAP as maintenance management system.
- Experienced and has good understanding in the usage of SPDC PTW system
- Pipeline teams, Production Hubs, Integrated Planning Manager, Hydrocarbon planning team, Geomatics, Security team, Legal, HSE and Community/Ext. Relations., Oil Spill Response & Remediation
- External parties: DPR, NAPIMS, JV operators, communities
- Use of Shell Civil RCM methodology. Adept at working with enterprise Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Skype, Teams); SharePoint, etc.
- Must have a valid HUET Certification as at 1 Feb 2021.; Must have valid fitness to Work Certificate as at 1 Feb 2021. Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers. Should be Shell TA 3 ready based on peer and self-assessment.
- Supervise site execution of planned and corrective pipeline operations and maintenance activities to ensure integral pipeline, for safe hydrocarbon transportation.
- Execute projects that ensure internal and external condition integrity of all pipeline assets to deliver set target of oil /gas availability and to satisfy long term oil & gas customer demands in terms of quality and quantity
- Implementation of the operation processes for pipelines to ensure debottlenecking and minimum production restrictions: i.e. Pigging, cleaning and chemical injection
- Supervise hydrocarbon transportation and delivery for relevant Production Hub through pipeline availability and optimization
- Field supervision of pipeline Cathodic Protection, coating monitoring, survey, manifold inspection, maintenance, and upgrade activities
- Implement Intelligent Pigging and other non-destructive inspection and monitoring in line with specified integrity and statutory requirements
- Field supervision of pipeline maintenance activities including sleeving, sectional replacement, riser replacement, manifold protection and caging, valve change-out, coating repairs, CP upgrades and installation of ground beds.
- Develop and execute all relevant asset maintenance initiatives in line with relevant procedures.
- Interface with other pipeline and support function teams to manage community and security issues during activity execution
- Support the preparation and implementation of corporate pipeline operations and maintenance contracts
- Ensure HSE compliance in all pipeline activities during maintenance activities
- Ensure project activities are executed safely according to Schedule by pipeline contractors, consultants and to ensure timely completion
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities and ensure all job activities are delivered to Shell set standards.
Identify and correct contractor non-compliance with HSE standards.
- Identify and resolve conflicts in Project activities and communicate them supervisor.
- Maintain and send daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- High availability of pipeline systems via quick maintenance execution
- Maintain robust pipeline maintenance response capabilities
- Liaison with regulator E.g. (DPR, FEMEV, NOSDRA etc)
- Pipeline contribution to UOC and expenditure in operations and maintenance
- Compliance with all HSE policies and processes and HSE performance wrt pipeline availability
- Pipeline and manifold internal and external condition enhancement process delivery
- Best practice implementation in internal and external inspection and operation of pipeline system to deliver acceptable integrity and availability of the hydrocarbon evacuation system.
- Maintenance of pipeline ancillary systems CP, coating monitoring, surveys, manifold inspection.
- Provide leadership in HSE Knowledge
- Prepare effective management of HSSE risk Knowledge
- Apply effective management of HSSE risk Skill
- Contracting and Procurement
- Formulate and execute sourcing strategies Knowledge
- Understand and drive contract Mgt & Perf. Improvement Mastery
- Pipeline concepts select Knowledge
- Pipeline routing Knowledge
- Pipeline steady state Hydraulics Skill
- Pipeline System Engineering (Integration) Knowledge
- Pipeline/ Riser Mechanical design Knowledge
- Pipeline Materials selection Knowledge
- Pipeline Crossings, Stations and Tie-in Knowledge
- Pipeline Construction and Installation Engineering Knowledge
- Pipeline Project Management and Delivery Skill
- Pipelines to Operations Handover Skill
- Pipeline Operations Skill
- Pipeline Inspection and Integrity Skill
- Pipeline Remediation and Repair Skill
- Member Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) Mandatory
- HSE (LTIF, Fatalities, Environmental /regulatory compliance)
- Pipeline contribution to UOC
- High pipeline availability >95%
- High MRP completion >90%
- Reduction in pipeline deferment due to maintenance activities
- Maintenance and operations best practice compliance
- Reduction in Nos of corrosion leak
- Crude theft and third-party interference on pipelines is a major challenge for the incumbent
- High Availability, People & Competence management.
- SPDC’s pipeline assets require significant professional/resource input to ensure high uptime and availability in line with IAP oil and gas production objectives; achieving this in a very constrained funding environment is a key challenge for the incumbent.
- Unblocking Security/Community challenges to ensure maintenance and activities are carried out in a timely manner.
- Managing multiple internal/intra company technical, commercial and often unclear external regulatory/statutory interfaces required to maximize SPDC pipelines assets availability
- Working hours are usually 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday; will be required to work on weekends on-site. Traveling out of base location for days will be required and will include hours/days to be spent on fields locations on in onshore, swamp, or offshore locations, with base office being in Port Harcourt.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.