WASH Engineer at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger. For almost 44 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe.
We carry out innovative, lifesaving programmes in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster risk reduction, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food security and Livelihoods, and Social Protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Engineer
Job type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Career level: Experienced
Proposed start date: June 2023
Reporting to: WASH Programme Manager
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of a WASH Engineer, who will be responsible to ensure the sustainable implementation of WASH technical activities to achieve the nutrition security.
- Visiting sites and ensure quality assurance of WASH construction being delivered and adherence to design specifications;
- Coordinating technical workshops including electrification in the targeted health facilities and schools with surrounding/close by communities;
- Assisting the Line manager in the selection, design and construction of water systems, using ground water or surface water, including abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems or rehabilitation of existing systems;
- Provide technical assistance to the Line manager to assess sanitation needs, and design and implement the most appropriate form of sanitation system, in consultation with male and female beneficiaries, which includes excreta disposal, refuse disposal, vector control and drainage;
- Preparing training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for both internal staff and external stakeholders;
- Responsible for managing WASH technical assistance and technicians.
- Liaising closely with the WASH PHP team, nutrition team and relevant stakeholders throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of the WASH technical activities;
- Ensuring that effective communication and networking is developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration;
- Working with local Government and sectoral stakeholders/counterparts to exchange information on WASH technical implementation status;
- Building a data base of technical support projects and share with relevant stakeholders especially for eventual handover of facilities;
- Submit technical report and consumption report to the WASH Programme Manager (Upon request);
- Liaising with Other Team members to develop trainings , Monitoring and Evaluation reports;
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- To support line manager in maintaining regular contact with local stakeholders including Government Ministries.
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Civil Engineering, Building and other related fields;
- Previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities;
- Capacity to be flexible and adaptable;
- Three years relevant work experience;
- Microsoft Office and designing software skills (AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
Starting Basic Salary and Benefit
- NGN 421,594 / Month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
30th May 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.