Logistics Coordinator Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Logistics
Job Code: LS02800
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in specific activities and assuming some delegated tasks, according to his/her instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure proper logistics management in the capital and providing support to logistic activities in the projects
- Planning and supervising the logistics within the coordination base (repairs, equipment maintenance, stock management, cleanliness…), in order to ensure the best operational working conditions in the capital.
- Supporting the Logistics Coordinator and/or the Mission Supply Chain Manager in organizing the ordering and transport of goods to the different projects, in order to comply with their needs in terms of quality and timelines
- Organizing and supervising the fleet of vehicles in the coordination base (driver’s schedules, vehicles maintenance, vehicles registration and insurance, fuel consumptions, etc.), in order to ensure coping with the transportation and movement needs.
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator with the checkup and supervision of the proper functioning of the computers and other communication and IT equipment, in order to ensure a continuous and appropriate flow of information and communication.
- Ensuring repair and maintenance of generators and power back-up systems as well as cold chain equipment, water pumps and other technical equipment used or stocked in capital and informing the Logistic Coordinator in case of any further needs concerning technical equipment, in order to have everything running adequately
- Supporting the LogCo in the planning and ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training), and participating in any emergency activity or exploratory visit, in order to ensure giving appropriate assistance to the population.
- Informing the Logistics Coordinator in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making
- Degree in Logistics, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Essential two years of previous experience in similar jobs
- Desirable with MSF or other INGOs, in developing countries
- Mission language essential. Local language desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale
Note: MSF encourages women and people with disabilities to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Sans Frontieres on docs.google.com to apply