Access Bank and Udacity are awarding 1,000 Nanodegree program scholarships in 2023! Apply if you want to enhance your future career or skill set in today’s most sought-after, in demand tech skills.
Udacity is collaborating with Access Bank, a multinational commercial bank, to empower people in Africa who are interested in learning tech-forward skills to kick-start careers.
They are proud to provide hands-on learning opportunities in fields such as Business Analytics, Programming, Data Science, Product Management and Digital Marketing. Scholarship recipients will complete a portfolio of real-world projects that demonstrate mastery of highly sought-after tech skills.
As the world becomes increasingly reliant on digital tools, the need for tech-fluent talent grows as well-making this your chance to begin a long-term career.
Program to choose from
- Business Analytics
- Introduction to Programming
- Programming for Data Science with Python
- Product Manager
- Digital Marketing
- Udacity and Access Bank are committed to closing the divide between the number of tech jobs available and the number of Africans working in tech by providing opportunities to those who would not otherwise have them. That starts with ensuring a robust pipeline of trained, talented tech professionals. Together, they are offering:
- 2,000 Nanodegree program scholarships for Africans to build practical, in-demand, cutting-edge tech skills.
- Engagement with classmates in a robust, actively managed, student community.
- Subject matter experts and on-demand tutors.
- The scholarship will create upskilling opportunities for individuals and give them the skills needed in the digital world. In fact, the tech industry comprises some of the highest growth, most in-demand careers today.
- Udacity will evaluate the scholarship applications with a view to selecting recipients who possess the following criteria:
- STEM graduate or demonstrated evidence of strong interest in pursuing IT and Digital career.
- Consistent access to a laptop.
- Consistent access to strong data network and power supply.
- Commitment to the time required for the program.
- Must give pre-consent during application for Udacity to share data with the bank.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is strongly preferred.
- Between 20-30 years.
- Applicants based in Africa from Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Guinea, Mozambique, Cameroon are strongly preferred.
- Anyone 20 to 30 years of age and above is encouraged to apply. Scholarship recipients should be prepared to invest about 5–10 hours per week during the Nanodegree programs.
- English is the language for the Challenge Courses and all Udacity Nanodegree programs. Subtitles are available in English for all three tracks. The scholarship student community will be managed in English.
- The program takes place 100% online. Students can work from wherever they want to, as long as they have a working internet connection.
- June 19, 2023: Challenge Winners Announced
- June 22, 2023 – August 3, 2023: Challenge Course
- August 13, 2023: Nanodegree Winners Announced
- August 17, 2023: Nanodegree Begins
For more information, visit Udacity.