UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Partnership
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) -which includes the Web and Social Media teams- works with people across the Division of Global Communication and Advocacy (GCA) to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms – all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices. The Digital Content Producers (Arabic, French and Spanish) are responsible for strategy and production on the language platforms of the global website (dynamic and evergreen content) and global social media channels in languages, including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
The Digital Language Team seeks to hire an intern to support the team in the creation and/or management of UNICEF’s social media and web content across languages. This includes the creation of compelling social media content based on audience-insights, actively identifying high-performing content, engaging with audiences, working on brand risk and crisis communication, supporting a SEO strategy by helping to identify relevant keywords for web content, creating reports and collaborating with language producers on other aspects of UNICEF’s digital platforms, including digital content management, presentations, reports and guidance material as well as other initiatives as requested; ensuring actions are in line with UNICEF branding, Communication Guidelines, and quality standards.
How can you make a difference?
Digital Content Strategy and Creation
- Support translation of high performing social media posts, copy writing in languages, search for relevant photos, add photo credits as needed, identify best times to post across language platforms for maximizing engagement and recommend best practice to boost growth of language social media channels.
- Support the language team in scheduling evergreen and campaign social media content.
- Support with the production of web articles for both evergreen and campaign content across languages, including formatting text, placing video, and optimizing images for Web.
- Support the implementation of a SEO strategy for web.
Moderation & Community Management
- Support the moderation of channels and flag potential risk across all languages and work closely with language producers and the risk management cell to escalate when necessary.
- Identify high
Analytics & Reporting
- Support team members in the preparation of analytics reports to be shared within relevant teams in DGCA.
- Support the language team in any activities related to paid marketing campaigns: scheduling content in native platforms, help translate copy for the ads as needed, etc.
- Perform other digital communication and content management duties as required.
- Attend meetings on digital strategy and campaign project teams.
To qualify as a champion for every child you…
- Are enrolled in an undergraduate university degree or higher – or recent graduate – in journalism, communication, marketing, or a similar relevant field. Applicants who have graduated within the past two years are considered recent graduates.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Are fluent in spoken and written English language and one or two other languages: French, Spanish and/or Arabic.
- Have strong writing and copy-editing skills in English and in one or two other languages: French, Spanish and/or Arabic.
- Have knowledge of content management systems, social media management, audience and influencer research, and project management tools, such as Hootsuite and others.
- Have strong creative disposition and ability to learn new tasks.
- Ideally have experience developing and helping to manage digital content across social media and/or web platforms.
- Understand current trends and best practices in digital communication, social media engagement, and best in class digital and social media platforms in both developing and developed regions.
- Are an organized and agile team player with high attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Are comfortable working independently with flexible hours and managing one’s own time and responsibilities.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this internship are…
(1) Drive to achieve results for impact (2) Innovates and embraces change (3) Works collaboratively with others
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. A competitive process will be followed to identity an Intern.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF Internships are subject to medical clearance. Internships may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an Internship offer, without compensation, if medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Deadline: Eastern Daylight Time