Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Lead Consultant, Qualitative Research
Period of Engagement: 8 weeks (June 5th to July 31st, 2023)
- The objective of the lead qualitative researcher is to coordinate and implement the Monkeypox Behavioral Exploratory Research activity using the already designed methodology.
- He/She will play a critical role in ensuring the research is conducted effectively, insights are gathered, and recommendations for effective interventions are developed.
Scope of Work
- The lead qualitative researcher will work closely with Breakthrough ACTION RCCE Technical team to coordinate and implement the Monkeypox Behavioral Exploratory Research using a predefined methodology, ensuring adherence to research protocols and ethical considerations.
- They will supervise qualitative data collection, analyze the data, identify behavioral trends and risk factors, and prepare comprehensive reports with recommendations for effective interventions, while maintaining effective communication with stakeholders and partners throughout the research process.
- Develop and refine the research plan and methodology for the Monkeypox Behavioral Exploratory Research, in consultation with the research team and consultants.
- Coordinate and supervise the qualitative data collection activities, ensuring adherence to research protocols, ethical considerations, and quality standards.
- Support to train, and supervise the qualitative data collectors, providing guidance and support throughout the data collection process.
- Conduct pre-testing and piloting of data collection tools and instruments to ensure their effectiveness and relevance.
- Monitor and manage the progress of data collection, ensuring timely and accurate completion of interviews, focus group discussions, and observations.
- Oversee the translation and transcription process, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of the qualitative data collected.
- Conduct data analysis, interpret findings, and identify key behavioral trends, risk factors, and drivers related to Monkeypox transmission.
- Collaborate with the research team and consultants to integrate qualitative findings with other research components for a comprehensive analysis.
- Prepare and present reports, including detailed summaries of qualitative data, analysis, and recommendations for effective interventions including additional literature review.
- Ensure the research is conducted within the defined timeline and budget, addressing any challenges or issues that may arise.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with stakeholders, partners, and relevant authorities throughout the research process.
- Detailed research plan and methodology for the Monkeypox Behavioral Exploratory Research with a robust extensive literature review.
- Supervision and coordination of qualitative data collection activities, ensuring quality and adherence to research protocols.
- Transcribed and translated qualitative data, ready for analysis.
- Comprehensive data analysis, including the identification of behavioral trends, risk factors, and key drivers related to Monkeypox transmission.
- Reports summarizing qualitative findings, analysis, and recommendations for effective interventions.
- Effective coordination and collaboration with the research team, consultants, and stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or a related field with a focus on Qualitative Research.
- Minimum of 8 years extensive experience in designing and conducting qualitative research studies, preferably in the field of infectious diseases or public health.
- Strong understanding of behavioral research methodologies, data collection techniques, and analysis frameworks.
- Proficiency in qualitative data analysis software or tools.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to interpret complex qualitative data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively present findings and recommendations to diverse stakeholders.
- Leadership qualities and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of research ethics and confidentiality protocols.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV (PDF)
to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.