Apply for French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme 2024-2025 (Funded)
The FIAS fellowship programme supports high-quality and innovative research as fellows conduct their research with the greatest freedom and benefit from the strong scientific and extra-academic support by the institutes. Initiated in 2020, the FIAS Fellowship programme will run until the 2024-2025 academic year. For the 2024-2025 academic year, 40 fellowships of 10 months are available for experienced researchers from all fields of social sciences and the humanities.
- Open to outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists.
- The minimum requirement is a PhD + 2 years of research experience at the time of the application. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
- Researchers from all countries are eligible to the FIAS Fellowship Programme but they must have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years prior to the application deadline.
Duration and Reward:
FIAS fellowships offer the following conditions:
- A net living allowance (equivalent to take-home pay) of €2,700 per month
- Two flexible contractual options, considering individual situations: work contracts or paid leave
- Adequate social security coverage
- Accommodation or support for relocation
- An individual research and training budget equivalent to €2,500 per year
- Travel expenses (one round trip from the fellow home country)
- Same working conditions as the IAS’ other fellows, including individual offices, special access and lending privileges in university-based research libraries, IT services, multiple collective spaces
- Skills training opportunities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: June 6, 2023