Apply For BBC Abuja Senior Journalist (Video Producer) Recruitment 2023.
The BBC World Service is undergoing a significant strategic review to become a digital first operation that provides distinctive and original content.
In line with this strategy, we are establishing digital production hubs to produce high impact, original journalism for our audiences across the globe.
We are looking for a talented and motivated video producer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria to pitch, develop ideas, deploy, produce and reversion digital video content independently with editorial guidance or collaboratively with others.
This position will sit alongside digital, production and journalism roles that will generate fresh, innovative and engaging stories for multiple platforms.
- This role primarily initiates, gathers and produces material for news, current affairs and general programming for digital platforms. You will be expected to routinely self-shoot and edit complete packages for use across multiple platforms.
- Ensure content is accurate and informative whilst striving for creative and imaginative output, and adhere to the best standards of video production.
- To record video interviews and other types of original content as required and work with graphics and visual journalism teams to produce creative and original sequences.
- Use analytics to inform video story choices and ensure the content is delivered in the right format(s).
Are you the right candidate?
- Bilingual language expertise is preferred: A full command and up to date knowledge of a key World Service regional language as first (or equivalent) language as well as complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to originate, plan, develop and produce engaging digital content on complex political and social issues that will appeal to African and global audiences, particularly among women and young people.
- Experience of digital newsgathering, filming and filing video from the field, and proven ability to confidently use editing and production tools as required. A knowledge of outside broadcast techniques would be an advantage.
- A good presence on camera and experience of social media lives would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of data analytics and experience of using it to shape the content and meet the needs of different audience groups.
- Track record of encouraging, guiding and assisting colleagues who are new and unfamiliar with video and digital.
Contract type: Continuing/Permanent
This role will be on local terms and conditions
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here