Apply for University of Birmingham Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Scholarships in the UK for 2023/2024
More women, Black students, disabled students, and students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds are encouraged to enroll in the university’s postgraduate artificial intelligence (AI) and data science programs through the Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Scholarships.
A public research institution called The University of Birmingham is situated in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom (also known as Birmingham University). As a successor to Sir Josiah Mason’s Mason Science College (1875) and Queen’s College, Birmingham (1825), it received its royal charter in 1900, making it the first English unitary university and the first civic or “red brick” university to do so. Queen’s College, Birmingham was founded in 1825 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery. It is a founding member of the global research university network Universitas 21 as well as the Russell Group of British universities.
It has the seventh-largest student body in the UK (out of 169) with 23,155 undergraduate and 12,605 graduate students. The university’s annual income for 2021–2022 was £869.8 million, of which £215.0 million came from grants and contracts for research, with an expenditure of £1.02 billion. The University of Birmingham improved its grade point average from equal to 31st in the previous REF in 2014 to equal 13th out of 129 institutions in the 2021 Research Excellence Framework.
The university is home to the Lapworth Museum of Geology, the Cadbury Research Library, the Mingana Collection of Middle Eastern manuscripts, the Shakespeare Institute, the Barber Institute of Fine Arts, the Shakespeare Institute, the Cadbury Research Library, and the 100-metre Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clock Tower, which is a prominent landmark visible from many parts of the city.
Former British Prime Ministers Neville Chamberlain and Stanley Baldwin, British composer Sir Edward Elgar, and eleven Nobel laureates are among the university’s professors and graduates.
Birmingham is ranked 91st in the globe according to the 2022 U.S. News & Globe Report. In the 2019 SCImago Institutions Rankings of institutions worldwide, it is rated 137th.
The Times Higher Education ranked Birmingham as the 12th best UK university in 2021. ‘Sunday Times University of the Year 2014’ was given to Birmingham in 2013. Birmingham University was ranked 62nd globally and 10th in the UK in the 2013 QS World University Rankings. In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise, Birmingham University was ranked 12th in the UK, with 16 percent of its research being considered to be world-leading and 41 percent is considered to be internationally excellent. The university has particular strengths in the fields of law, political science, international relations, political science, computer science, music, physics, and biosciences. From 85% in 2011 to 88% in 2012, course satisfaction increased.
The University of Birmingham will choose 120 students and give each one a £10,000 scholarship to help with living and tuition expenses.
Eligibility of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Scholarships
- Suitable Countries: UK
- Acceptable Course(s) or Subject(s): Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Scholarships will be given in any of the University of Birmingham’s Master’s programs that focus on these fields.
- Accepted Standards: Women, Black students, disabled students, students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, and students who have never studied STEM or degrees connected to STEM will be given preference for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Scholarships. Before applying for this scholarship, candidates must have received an unconditional or conditional offer of admission to a University of Birmingham Masters’s program in data science or artificial intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Scholarships – How to Apply
- A master’s program in AI or data science at the University of Birmingham must first have made an offer to an applicant. They should then finish the online application.
- Personal statements, letters of recommendation, and record transcripts are considered supporting documents.
- Students must fulfill the University of Birmingham’s admission requirements to enroll in the master’s programs in AI and data science.
- Candidates who do not speak English as their first language must show proof of their English language competency.