Apply for African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) Young Actuarial Professionals Programme (YAPP) 2023/2024 for young Africans |Fully Funded
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the continent’s largest reinsurer. Africa Re is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, and has six (6) Regional Offices around Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt), and Port Louis (Mauritius), as well as one (1) Local Office in Addis Abeba (Ethiopia). Africa Re South Africa Limited in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful Company Ltd. in Cairo (Egypt), and Africa Re Underwriting Agency in Dubai are its three (3) subsidiary companies (United Arab Emirates -UAE-).
Africa Re has 42 African member countries, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 113 African insurance and reinsurance businesses, and three (3) non-regional owners, including top global insurers and reinsurers, as shareholders.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best Company and A– Standard & Poor’s.
Africa Re is recruiting Fresh Graduates and Young Working Professionals with outstanding academic performance in Actuarial Sciences and other related discipline / field from recognized universities for her Young Actuarial Professionals Programme (YAPP).
The Young Actuarial Professionals Programme (YAPP) is a two (2) year highly competitive program targeted at High Potential, best-in-class, highly qualified and motivated professionals for a productive and rewarding career path in the Insurance / Reinsurance Industry.
The YAPP serves as a starting point for an exciting career at Africa Re. It offers exceptional career opportunities to talented young professionals in Actuarial Sciences who have exceptional leadership potential, an established record of outstanding academic performance and professional excellence.
- Be a National of a Member Country of Africa Re
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Actuarial Science and other related discipline / field with outstanding academic achievements.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years old and not older than 28 years by the date of this advert
- Applicants are expected to have post qualification relevant work experience of between 0 to 3 years in the Actuarial field.
- Applicants that have passed one or more actuarial exams from an internationally recognized actuarial or that have continued their actuarial professional development satisfying the required CPD points over a defined period for their chosen internationally recognized actuarial qualification will be given preference.
- Be fluent either in English or French and a working knowledge of the other language will be an added advantage.
- Be willing to live on the African Continent at the Corporation’s Headquarters in Lagos-Nigeria and in any of our operating locations (Abidjan, Casablanca, Cairo, Mauritius, Nairobi, Johannesburg, etc.)
- The monthly allowance attached to this program is attractive and competitive.
- In addition, candidates selected for the programme will be entitled to free medical care, Life & Accident Cover and accommodation for the entire duration of the programme.
- Africa Re will provide support both in terms of exam fees, study materials and exam study hours toward qualification for a chosen internationally recognized actuarial qualification.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as writing and reporting skills;
- Accuracy and keen attention to detail;
- Problem solving ability and strong analytical skills;
- Fast-learner with ability to multitask;
- Open-minded with results-oriented and innovative mindset;
- Very high integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- Be passionate and committed to the development of Africa;
- A self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment;
- Be willing to live on the African Continent at the Corporation’s Headquarters in Lagos-Nigeria and in any of our operating locations (Abidjan, Casablanca, Cairo, Mauritius, Nairobi, Johannesburg, etc.);
- Be willing to pursue online professional education until the highest of actuarial professional qualification within a reasonable period;
- Ability to adapt quickly in a challenging and fast-paced multi-cultural environment;
- Be flexible and open to work and embrace digitalization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, R, Python, SQL and any other relevant applications / software.
- Closing date for submission of applications for the YAPP shall be 10 March 2023
- Contact, send a mail to YAPP@africa-re.com
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) 2023/2024