UNICEF contributes to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals in Nigeria with a mandate to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. UNICEF’s Nigeria country programme: Aims to accelerate the realization of the rights of all children and women to survival, development, protection and participation. Promotes efforts to reduce infant, child and maternal mortality; expand access to quality basic education; and strengthen social and child protection systems. Uses a rights-based and gender-sensitive approach Plays a catalytic role in supporting federal, state and local governments in identifying key bottlenecks that hinder realization of the rights of disadvantaged children, supported by equity-focused, inclusive advocacy, planning, action and monitoring at all levels. Supports adolescent development.
- Job Type: Contract , Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Data Science / Research
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Under the direct supervision of the Information Management specialist and the strategic leadership of the Chief of the Health Section, the Data management and visualization officer will perform the following tasks:
- Support the Health Section to develop State of the Art tools to visualize and analyze information, including data on storage of commodities and supplies; development of a humanitarian tracker of key interventions; and data visualization of community interventions including COVID-19 and cVDPV2
- Support the National and state polio/immunization teams, state Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), and National Emergency Routine Immunization Coordination Centre (NERICC) in the collection, analysis, presentation, and channeling of findings for data-driven planning at the lowest geographic levels to ensure lessons learned from previous campaigns are considered in future consequential geography activities
- Review available information within the Health Section and contribute to improving its visualization (e.g., real-time monitoring dashboard on power BI,…)
- Support in capacity building of NPHCDA and UNICEF staff in data analytics and visualization
- Build in-house capacity of UNICEF staff in developing, publishing, and view of reports
- Develop a capacity-building plan on data visualization and management for government partners, including NPHCDA and other key stakeholders on the response to the cVDPV2 outbreak
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Computer sciences, Geographic Information Systems, Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Education, or a relevant field.
- Five years of relevant professional work experience. Experience in UNICEF and the UN system will be an asset. Background/familiarity with data analytics and complex information management, including management and integration of databases of different sectors (health, operations) .
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF on jobs.unicef.org to apply