Nominations for the TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award 2023 are now being accepted. TWAS welcomes nominations for the Award from all of its members, as well as science academies, national research councils, universities, and scientific institutes from both developing and developed countries.
This yearly prize, named after TWAS Fellow Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi, honors women scientists from countries that are scientifically and technologically behind (STL). It carries a monetary prize kindly supplied by Professor Al-Kharafi and will cycle among several scientific subjects. The award will be granted in the Social Sciences in 2023. (economics, politics, sociology).
TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award 2023 Award
- A cash award of USD $4,000 will be presented to the selected female scientist.
TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award 2023 Eligibility
- Nominations for the 2023 award are invited in Social Sciences (economics, politics, sociology).
- Nominees must be female scientists national of a ST-lagging country and have been living and working there for at least two years immediately prior to their nomination (i.e. from 20/4/2020).
- Fellows of TWAS are not eligible.
- Self-nominations and nominations from jury members will not be considered.
TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award 2023 Application
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details (self nominations and nominations from jury members are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where she has been working and living in the past 2 years;
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process her personal data for the purposes of her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data’. The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform;
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements in Social Sciences (economics, politics, sociology);
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution in either Agricultural Sciences or Biology. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context. Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation;
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years;
- PhD: information on subject area, year and awarding institution;
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies;
- Brief information on awards and honours received;
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s brief CV and her complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and its associated number of citations.
Click here to nominate
For more information, visit TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award.