This is to invite all first choice UTME and Direct Entry (DE) candidates seeking for admission into the Sule Lamido University (SLU) Kafin Hausa for the 2022/2023 Academic session to register for the 2022/2023 admission Screening as detailed below
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCREENING
- UTME candidates MUST have passed a minimum of 5 relevant subjects at credit level in the senior secondary school certificate (SSCE) or equivalent in not more than two (2) sittings, including English language and Mathematics
- Direct Entry candidates MUST possess a minimum of lower credit in the national diploma, a merit in NCE and 6 points in the IJMB advanced level
- Interested UTME candidates who did not choose Sule Lamido university Kafin Hausa as their first choice institution but wish to study in the University and scored 140and above in the 2022 UTME should change to the SLU via JAMB website (www.jamb.org.ng) and choose any of the programmes l;isted below;
|S/N||FACULTY||PROGRAMME||UTME CUT-OFF MARK||DE CUT-OFF MARK|
|1||EDUCATION||B.A (Ed) Arabic B.A (Ed) English B.A (Ed) History B.A (Ed) Islamic Study B.A /B.Sc Library and information science B.Sc (Ed) Biology B.Sc (Ed) Chemistry B.Sc Computer Science B.Sc (Ed) Mathematics B.Sc (Ed) Physics||150 160 150 140 150 170 160 150 140 140||6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points|
|2||HUMANITIES||B.A Arabic B.A English B.A Hausa B.A History B.A Islamic Studies||160 160 150 140 180||6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points|
|3||NATURAL AND APPLIED SCEINCE||B.Sc. Biology B.Sc. Chemistry B.Sc. Computer Sceince B.Sc. Mathematics B.Sc. Physics||170 160 170 140 140||6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points|
|4||SOCIAL AND MANGEMENT SCENCES||B.Sc. Accounting B.Sc. Business Management B.Sc. Economics B.Sc. Geography B.Sc. Sociology||160 160 180 160 160 160||6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points 6 Points Points|
Online registration for the screening exercise for both the UTME and DE candidates will commence on Monday, 7th October, 2022 and not end at midnight of Sunday, 30thOctober,2022.
To register for the exercise follow the procedure below
STEPB 1: visit the Sule Lamido University Kafin Hauusa website at www.slu.edu.ng and navigate to admission and select online application or visit admission.slu.edu.ng and select UTME or Direct Entry (DE)
STEP 2: log in using your UTME number and UTME score (UTME applicants) or DE number, state of origin an d gender (DE applicants) and upload your passport-sized photograph
STEP 3: Update your profile with the required accurate information
STEP 4: Update Your O’level Examination, maximum of two setting, After saving the information, a Remita Retrival Reference (RRR) will automatically be generated for the candidates concerned
STEP 5: After step above, DE candidates will them proceed to update their A’level Examination after which the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) will automatically be generated for the candidates concerned.
STEP 6: click on Pay Now to open the payment dialogue and then click on “generate Payment Schedule” to generate download and print a payment scheduled that Contained ll the information to pay the sum of Two Thousand Naira (2,000.00) only (exclusive of REMITA charges) as Post-UTME/DE Screening Fee via and any commercial bank or Remita Website
STEP 7: After successful payment, you then generate, download and print the “Acknowledgment Slip” to complete your Registration.
- DATES FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
The Screening Exercise for both the UTME and DE candidates will take place as follows:
- Faculty of Education – Tuesday, 1st November, 2022
- Faculty of Humanities – Wednesday, 2nd November, 2022
- Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences – Monday, 7th November, 2022
- Faculty of Social and Management Sciences – Tuesday, 8th November, 2022
Candidates must present the originals and photocopies of the following documents:
- Acknowledgement Slip
- Evidence of Payment
- UTME Result/DE Registration Slip
- SSCE Statement(s) of Result
- Two recent passport-sized photographs with white background
- Certificate of Indigeneship
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
viii ‘A’ Level Statement of Result (for DE candidates only)
- VENUE OF THE SCREENING:
All eligible Candidates should report at the University’s Permanent Site, Kano-Jahun Road, Kafin-Hausa, Jigawa State by 9:00 am on the appropriate date.
Any candidate who fails to appear for the screening exercise On the scheduled dates will not be considered for admission into the University during the 2022/2023 Academic session.
Candidates must strictly adhere to the extant preventive measures of Covid-19 including maintaining of physical distancing, regular washing of hands and/or sanitizing the hands and wearing of face masks.
All enquiries should be directed to email@example.com