Apply for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer – GFFO at CBM International, Borno State
BM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all. CBM’s work is founded on the core values of Christianity, internationalism, professionalism, stewardship, honest communication and inclusion inherited from our founder, Pastor Ernst Jakob Christoffel.
- Experience 4 years
- Location Borno
These Are Your Responsibilities
- The MEAL officer will be responsible for leading the implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning strategy and systems for the Disability Inclusive Humanitarian Aid for Displaced Populations and Host Communities in the sectors health and protection in West and Central Africa project, with the position based in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria.
- Support the implementation of effective monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategies for the project.
- Ensure project-specific MEAL Plan and reporting requirements are in line with donor requirements.
- Maintain management information systems for warehousing and reporting of the humanitarian programme data, put in place a strategy policy and procedure for the humanitarian programme.
- Responsible for routine MEAL activities which include Data Quality Assurance, process systems and tools, in collaboration with the Country Office (CO) M&E Lead, program manager, finance manager and the humanitarian team members .
- Support the CO M&E Lead in the the planning ,implementation and documentation of program research and learning.
- Collaborate with the CO M&E Lead, program staff, partners and other colleagues to ensure that program monitoring, evaluation and learning include persons with disabilities.
- Support the capacity building and mentoring of the project partners in knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- In collaboration with the Communication Officer and CO M&E Lead, support the development of material for communications based on the collection of qualitative and quantitative program data.
- Support the CO M&E Lead in the tracking and reporting of the humanitarian projects to ensure that evidence and learning is appropriately reported and disseminated to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate proactively in project review, project planning process and budgeting ensuring programme quality and value for money;
- Lead the project team in developing the annual, six monthly and quarterly reports.
Travel Activities involved:
These Are Your Qualifications
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Health or Management related field
- 4+ years relevant experience in an MEAL role.
- Strong expertise in monitoring and evaluation of complex projects, including MEAL systems set-up, implementation, documentation and dissemination of learning, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, research design, project management cycle and social inclusion.
- Experience in reporting on complex projects to international donors;
- Experience working in MEAL and/or programme management in health sector an advantage
- Experience in managing databases;
- Work experience in humanitarian environment
- Knowledge of MS Navison and MS SharePoint solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be proactive, seeking to do things differently, and to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Able to work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Reflects CBM values in daily work.
- Identification with the Christian values and mandate of CBM.
What We Offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CBM International on jobs.cbm.org to apply