The Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA), founded in 2004, was created to improve health outcomes for women, infants, and children while working towards the systemic and structural changes in the areas of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), Gender Equality, and Opportunity (GEO). At the WBFA, we combine our programs with advocacy work in Nigeria and worldwide, allowing every health worker, mother, and child access to life-altering advice, opportunities, and health solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Abuja / Lagos(On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Scope of Work
- We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with strong analytical, professional and creative acumen to fill the Monitoring and Evaluation role. The ideal candidate will have a strong and proven strategic guidance, vision, and management experience.
- The job role includes the successful monitoring and evaluation of all WBFA programs. This individual also supervises monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) of staff and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all MERL activities as well as active collaboration with partner and donors.
- The Officer oversees all MERL activities, provides technical direction and support, ensures the accurate reporting of results for program activities and ensures the program aligns with quality standards in line with global standards.
- He/She will report to WBFA National Programs Lead and liaise with the Global Office of the Founder-President as required.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the WBFA’s monitoring and evaluation system to develop key performance indicators, targets, tools, and appropriate supervises monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) responsibilities across WBFA donor grant project.
- Coordinate any external monitoring and evaluation processes, including drafting evaluation ToR and I implementation plans, in alignment with WBFA policy, output and vision.
- Develop and disseminate relevant M&E tools, formats and lead the provision of M&E specific technical training
- Oversee data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and data quality audit worthy
- Ensure appropriate training and supportive supervision of all WBFA staff in monitoring and evaluation procedures, data collection tools, and data management practices in alignment with the MEL Plan
- Work closely with partners to establish their joint and coordinated MERL systems, M&E plans, and data quality management
- Conduct Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) and implement corrective actions to improve data quality and accountability of staff and partners
- Develop and maintain accurate information in a project database, as well as accurate and timely electronic files.
- Responsible for the data analysis, writing, and review of the results and learning sections of program reports in collaboration with program staff, before submission to senior management and donor and ensure partners’ compliance with internal data quality requirements and timely submissions for reporting from field staff.
- Commitment to applied learning and adaptation based on data: Lead the program team on routine reviews and interpretation of data for learning and adaptation; package and disseminate timely findings in a meaningful way, and make suggestions for adaption
- Perform any other prevention duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Economics, or related field is required. Master’s degree or advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, economics, or international development is recommended.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects is required.
- Demonstrated success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages is required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing various studies, for example, performance evaluations, evaluations, surveys, and/or case studies is required.
- Demonstrated experience designing and managing multiple disaggregation variables in participant monitoring and database systems, including gender and age, is required.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator design, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans, is required.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and administering data collection tools, conducting data entry, data cleaning, data processing & analysis, and conducting data quality assessments is required.
- Demonstrated experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers and/or sub-awardees is required.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies is required.
N200,000 / Month
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and one-page Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.