Drilling Materials Service Coordinator– DMSC (Production Operations) | Oriental Energy Resources Limited Oriental Energy is a private Nigeria-focused oil and gas exploration and production company. Founded in 1990, Oriental Energy has expanded its portfolio and currently has three assets under development offshore Nigeria. These include Ebok Field (OML 67), Okwok Field (OML 67) and OML 115
We are recruiting for the following position
Job Title: Drilling Materials Service Coordinator– DMSC (Production Operations)
The DMSC coordinator takes on both the cost control and the cost analysis to support the production processes and systems. He will be responsible for overseeing and reviewing production costs related to work being undertaken on Oriental’s assets. He or she will also implement multiple cost trackings, oversee activities through daily reports, and monitor platform activities daily with the on-site engineering team.
Main tasks and goals:
• Identify and propose internal and transversal process improvements.
• Ensure strong alignment between operations and finance.
• Support of the Materials and Services Manager and his team in all financial matters.
• Liaise with and participate in regular inventory/stock reviews at all locations where stocks are held (including third party storage).
• Verification of invoices/SOW/VOWD including coding, contract compliance, verification against commitment, budget levels
• Ensure strong alignment between operations, drilling and finance (cost bases, reviews and cost commitments)
• Placing and placing call orders on behalf of drilling and production crews.
• Analyze and report all vessel/logistics related costs – 12 reports expected.
• Coordinate and document supplier requests for issues related to call-off and billing processes on behalf of drilling and production teams.
• Analysis and reporting of all costs related to cost-sharing for helicopters, as appropriate – 12 reports expected.
• Ensure strong alignment with suppliers, onshore grassroots teams, offshore teams, supply chain, drilling and finance for proper materials/services coordination (cost bases, cost reviews and commitments, service delivery).
• Identify and report cost savings.
• Process Goods Receipt Report (GRR) – Drilling material control report to ensure shipments of equipment are being processed in the receiving system to pay bills on time.
• Assist the Contracts & Procurement team with subcontracting and procurement of materials and services and ensure C&P activities are within planned budget and drill/operating requests are correctly submitted and encrypted.
• Any other special projects or tasks during the financial year.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject Professional knowledge, skills and experience:
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good analytical skills (knowledge of MS Excel would be an added advantage).
• Proactively build greater commercial awareness.
• Responsiveness and proactive project planning and coordination.
• Take responsibility for achieving company goals and related personal goals.
• Adapting to changes in work practices and professional activities.
• Operate in accordance with the company’s internal management system standards and procedures.
• Must be a good team player.
• Self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills.
• Good customer service skills and ability to organize and prioritize.
• Attention to detail and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are essential.
• Ability to build relationships and negotiate with internal and external contacts.
• Minimum 5 years industry experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
Job Title: Technical Applications and Data Engineer
Support technical and web applications by ensuring continuous availability while optimizing existing processes by developing automated solutions that leverage web and database development technologies.
Main tasks and goals:
• Supporting client and server side drilling, operations, engineering and subsurface solutions by providing 1st and 2nd level support, performing root cause analysis and ensuring the continuous availability of these applications.
• Responsible for ensuring application and data backup, establishing data redundancy to ensure no data loss and extended downtime for all technical applications.
• Manage relationships with application OEMs to ensure regular implementation of patches and upgrades, ensure license availability, stay abreast of new feature releases, and advise users accordingly.
• Analyze, streamline, document and automate existing processes by developing web and mobile solutions with robust dashboard and reporting capabilities to deliver process improvements and actionable insights.
• Leverage Office 365 and Azure offerings like PowerApps, Microsoft SharePoint, One-Drive, Delve, Teams and more. to support document management, collaboration and seamless internal communication.
• Manage public-facing portals and websites with aesthetic graphics and designs that communicate corporate branding.
• Perform real-time data integration between DCS and SCADA devices using the OLEDB Process Control – Data Access Protocol and develop robust visualizations that reflect these processes using the OSIsoft PI solution.
• Provide daily support for end users’ software and hardware infrastructure according to defined SLA to ensure timely resolution of incidents and end user satisfaction.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or HND in Information Technology or related discipline Professional knowledge, skills and experience:
• Knowledge of installing engineering hardware and mining and drilling software (Kappa, OSIsoft PI and Landmark EDM) is an added benefit.
• Understanding and using Semantic Backup Exec and other third-party backup software effectively is essential.
• Knowledge of Office 365 development (Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power Automate, Power Apps) is required for this role.
• Understanding VPN technologies is essential.
• Ability to install, configure and manage HP hardware servers and Microsoft server operating systems.
• Understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud storage principles.
• Working knowledge of ITIL methodologies.
• Knowledge and practical skills with SharePoint or other intranet technologies
• Ability to install and troubleshoot computer system hardware and software.
• Excellent customer relations and communication skills (oral and written).
The application deadline is September 9, 2022.