TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. Whether you’re a sports fanatic, a pet enthusiast, or just looking for a laugh, there’s something for everyone on TikTok. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Distribution, SSA
Job ID: L2867
Category: Marketing – Business development
Job Level: Experienced
About the team
- Distribution Partnerships are a critical means by which we support various company objectives including user growth & retention, marketing & brand, data & infrastructure, content, and product / tech.
- Our primary focus is on telecom, product/developer, and connected screens, with ongoing opportunity to engage in other spaces and other verticals.
- Since 2018, the Distribution team has seen nothing but explosive growth, and we’re growing even faster in 2022!
- This high-speed role requires an individual with excellent partnership building skills, deal negotiation experience, technical aptitude, unwavering perseverance and ambitious thinking.
- Work closely with Distribution leadership to take Telecom and related partnership concepts from inception to pilot to scal
- Ideate new business opportunities for TikTok and Mobile operators that create “Win-Win” scenarios for TikTok, Partners and End Users.
- Lead the deal team to structure and close Telecom & related partnership agreements including LOI, Term Sheet and Long-form Partnership Agreements
- Maintain a deep and detailed working knowledge of Telecom & Mobile Operators in SSA, including key industry trends, key industry players and industry norms.
- Convince diverse internal and external teams to adopt your ambitious ideas through actionable business plans and concise data storytelling.
- Why should anyone do what the Distribution team suggests? 100,000 colleagues would like to know.
- This position can be based in either South Africa (Johannesburg), Nigeria (Lagos) or Kenya (Nairobi).
- Bachelors Degree.
- 5 – 7 years experience of Business Development experience with a focus on Tech, mobile app or digital media partnerships in SSA region.
- Exceptional communication skills across geographies and industries.
- Language: Business proficiency in writing, reading and speaking in English, and French-speaking skills are preferred but not required.
- Computer skills: Mastery of PowerPoint, Excel and their many equivalents.
- Quick with a funny GIF. SQL, HTML or other programming languages encouraged.
- Powerful documentation, storytelling and research skills.
- Significant experience in structuring complex partnerships including negotiation of partnership agreements and consumer marketing or B2B2C plans
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives.
- Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace.
- At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach.
- We are passionate about this and hope you are too