Microsoft Software Engineering Internship Program’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize their shared goals. Each day they build on their values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Program Managers as they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions. As a SWE, you are dedicated to design, development and testing of next-generation software which will empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Please note that these roles will be starting in summer 2023.
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on innovative technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connections, executive engagement, and memorable events.
• Applies engineering principles to solve complex problems through sound and creative engineering.
• Quickly learns new engineering methods and incorporates them into his or her work processes.
• Seeks feedback and applies internal or industry best practices to improve his or her technical solutions.
• Demonstrates skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment.
Basic Qualifications for the Microsoft Software Engineering Internship Program
• Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
• Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship
• Programming experience in an object-oriented language (C, C#, C++, Java, Python).
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
Benefits and Perks
• Industry leading healthcare
• Giving programs
• Opportunities to network and connect
• Discounts on products and services