Recruitment at Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) This is to inform job seekers and the general public that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) job recruitment portal is currently open. On this page, we shall satisfy your intent by showing you all the necessary information about recruitment at Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). You will get to know all about Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) recruitment recrequirements , date for screening exercise, application procedure, age limit and all the frequently asked questions about recruitment at Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) recruitment. Interested applicants should take their read carefully before applying.
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency responsible for coordinating surveillance, detection and response to outbreaks of infectious diseases. Over the past three years, the National Center for Disease Control and Prevention has rolled out a new disease surveillance tool. The Outbreak Response Surveillance, Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly developed by the Nigerian Center for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Center for Infection Research (HZI) to improve disease surveillance as well as the detection and management of epidemics thus strengthening the public health service in Nigeria.
In implementing its mandate to lead preparedness, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks and public health emergencies, the Nigerian Center for Disease Control (NCDC) intends to improve the surveillance system through the Respiratory Disease Surveillance Project (PRDS).
In this regard, and in accordance with the 2007 PPA, the Center in conjunction with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Manager
Scope of Work
The services to be rendered include the following:
- Coordinates the implementation of the PRSP project and the implementation of project-related activities.
- Develops program descriptions and terms of reference for all PRSP project program activities.
- Existing respiratory disease surveillance maps, data management systems and interoperability through desk reviews, in-person interviews and visits to health officials, health facilities and national and local government laboratories; and corporations.
- Review and implement the findings and recommendations of the prioritization workshop for unique health zoonoses.
- Develop integrated case investigation forms for respiratory diseases, configure them according to the SORMAS system and support dissemination in the relevant sectors.
- Coordinates the development, review, finalization, dissemination and operationalization of Nigeria’s national poverty reduction guidelines.
The applicant must possess the following:
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Epidemiology, with at least eight (8) years of post-qualification experience as a monitoring and evaluation epidemiologist or public health research practice;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- High interpersonal skills;
- Strong time management skills and ability to balance competing priorities;
- Works well in a team environment and able to work independently;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Word, Power Point, and other relevant computer software packages and systems.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 19th August, 2022 (on or before 12 noon).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their best offer and respond to that application in a sealed envelope with their name and address in bold on the back of the envelope.
This must be submitted to the following address:
Nigeria Centre for Disease Control,
Plot 801, Ebitu Ukiwe Street,
Attention: The Head (Procurement), CC: Head (Human Resources)
Opening of Submission:
- The proposals submitted will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission, at the Office of Head (Procurement), Procurement Office NCDC Headquarters, Ground floor, in the presence of the applicants or their representatives.