The Police Service Commission (PSC) is a Federal Executive Body under Section 153 (m) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).
By virtue of Paragraph 30 (A) of the 3rd Schedule, Part 1 of the Constitution and Section 14 of the Nigeria Police Act, 2020, the Commission has power to Appoint such other Persons to offices in the Police Force as are required for the effective and efficient performance of the functions as may be prescribed by the Commission.
In pursuance of its Constitutional Mandate, the Commission in conjunction with the Nigeria Police Force invites applications from suitable, vibrant and qualified young Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigeria Police Force as Constables (Recruits).
- Be a Nigerian citizen by birth and possess a National Identification Number (NIN);
- Not less than 18 years or more than 25 years of age (as at 1st January, 2022 and 31st December, 2022);
- Not less than 1.67 metres in height for male and 1.67 metres for female;
- Have a full expanded chest measurement of not less than 86 cm (34 inches) for men only;
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment;
- Not suffering from any form of mental or physical disability;
- Be free from any financial embarrassment;
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence;
- Must present verifiable references from any two (2) of the following person: Traditional Rulers, Magistrates, Local Government Chairmen, Heads of Educational Institutions Attended, Career Civil Servants not below the rank of CSP, or Military Officer not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB results with at least five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
Method of Application
To apply for this you need the following;
- Function Email address (Note that this email shall be used for most official correspondence with applicants during the course of the exercise);
- National Identification Number (NIN) ;
- Softcopies (Scanned) of recent passport photograph, SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB result and Birth Certificate;
With above softcopies log on to www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng and proceed with the following:
- On the homepage, click on Apply and then sign-up with your email and preferred password (Use password you remember;
- Open your email and click on the link sent to you to verify and activate your account;
- Sign in with your email and password after account activation;
- Upload your profile, provide all necessary attachments and ensure you use the phone number linked with your NIN (If any);
- Review the information provided and ensured there are no mistakes before final submission;
- You will receive and email confirmation of your application which you would be expected to print at the physical screening venue if you are selected for this stage;
- Furthermore the email will contain a link to your profile that would enable you printout details at convenience.
NOTE: This Police Constable Recruitment Exercise is absolutely. (No payment is required from candidates)
The application portal www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng shall run for six (6) weeks
Portal opens on 15th August, 2022 and closes on 26th September, 2022.